I Thinks She's Holding

bluemermaid

Reaction score
I was given a pair of yellow lab chichlids ( Labidochromis caeruleus) in a rescue tank and they are fab

I have loved having them as pets and must admit have been learning on the go with them as I wasnt expecting them I didnt put in the reserch before.

Now the female looks like a cross between jimmy hill and leslie ash. She is interested in dinner but not eating and hiding alot so am I right IS SHE????

I normally leave a fry to the fate of tank if it hides and survives great but these I would like to help what would you suggest ??

I have a pair of hosplital tanks and I am tempted to move her to one to spit them would this stress her too much??? should she go alone? Or is a dense bush/ plant be better in the current tank.

I have watched fry stripping but am unsure of it when do i do it and is it easy first time.

i thank you in advance

She is interested in dinner but not eating and hiding alot so am I right IS SHE????

This is a common sign that they are carrying eggs/fry. They seam to want to fool the other fish that they want to feed, but they never eat anything, i guess it's to fool them into thinking they she don't have loads of babies that they all would love to eat ;P

If you look she should also have the mouth extended like she's constantly got a mouth full of food.

After 3 weeks or so they fry are at a stage where they can be stripped with out using a egg bubbler or anything, but i would move her to the other tank and rear the fry there if u want them to survive better

Do you have any pictures? How big is the tank, stocking ect? How long has it been set up?

the tank they are currently in is a 320l community they were origanally put there for short time while i cleaned the very very dirty tank they were given to me in how ever they are really happy in it they havent eaten anything ( including the danio's which i was suprised at) they are the boss of the tank and love it. so I never moed them back. I have a 55l and 30l hospital tank the 55 was a growing tank as adding anything too tiny to my 320l has resulted in dinner for other fish so I grow them up in smaller tank and then move them over.

they have been in the communtity tank for 2 months now and recently went through the gravel sand exchange and it was shortly after she changed her behavour.

i have no idea what a bubble thingy is so glad i can avoid it lol

My tank now has a fry of tiny babies in it woooo there are about 15 but the little sods wont stay still to be counted lol

mrs superlambbanana is happy back in big tank.

Most reactions

Back