I Think Princess Is Dying.

Frollickyfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Really upset because my beautiful pink HM I got from Shell looks like hes dying. :no: Last week I noticed He has bitten his fins and was lethargic and spitting his food out instead of eating it. Ive lowered the water level, treated with salt and a bit of Melafix and raised the temperature. He now is not a bit interested in food and rests on top of the heater so his mouth is at the surface. Cant think what else to do, cant see him surviving. :-(

:no: :no: it could be bacterial?? Melafix wont help if thats the case. Any other visible symptoms??

:no: :no: it could be bacterial?? Melafix wont help if thats the case. Any other visible symptoms??
No, theres no bloating but as he is such a light colour anyway its hard to tell if he has gone paler or not. Ive got some anti internal bacterial stuff, do you think its worth doing another water change and treating with that?

If it was me, i would try it. Can you get an air stone in there? We found that it sometimes helps. I wouldn't do too many water changes as that might stress him out too much.

If he's as bad as you say, its got to be worth a try :good:

i would go down the bacterial route too, you can add the anti bac meds in with the same water as it can be mixed with melafix but check the back of the box just in case before you do this as ive had a bad day and not feeling to bright tonight, i dont normally but i just dont admit it :lol:

Thanks both of you Ive added both the anti internal bacterial stuff but just at half a pipette as there is under 10 litres in there and Ive put an air stone in too. Just hope I manage to save him and Ive not left it too late.

How is he doing today Frollicky???

Fingers crossed he starts to pick up once the meds start working. It's horrible when they are sick and won't eat......will he not take any bloodworm?

Fingers crossed he starts to pick up once the meds start working. It's horrible when they are sick and won't eat......will he not take any bloodworm?
No he wont even try bloodworm which really makes me worry as he normally goes mad for them. :sad: If the worst happens then I will have to buy one of your lovely coppers!

lol....not quite pink though are they but you would be more than welcome lol. One of our females was sickly a while ago and wouldn't eat but after a few days of meds she did start taking the odd bloodworm. Now she is completely back to her normal piggie self :lol: So lets hope he starts feeling better soon :good:

lol....not quite pink though are they but you would be more than welcome lol. One of our females was sickly a while ago and wouldn't eat but after a few days of meds she did start taking the odd bloodworm. Now she is completely back to her normal piggie self :lol: So lets hope he starts feeling better soon :good:
Yeah I hope so. Glad your female got better, what was wrong with her? May have to have one of yours regardless though just to cheer myself up lol! How much are you selling the males for? :good:

Pm'd you about the coppers :good:

We had our female in the spawning tank with Taro who she has spawned with before and she just didn't seem interested at all. Then we notice her poo going stringey, so took her out and put her in hospital tank. That was a few weeks ago and she's now back in with the other girls......and back to being Queen Bee :lol:

Most reactions

Back