I Think My Peppered Cories Are Mating!

Memz

Reaction score
I have  3 Cories, and I think 2 male and one female, this morning 'female' was doing unspeakable things to one of the smaller 'males'
wub.png
  and then all 3 of them have been zooming round the tank. It looks like 'she' is trying to get away from them and hide in the plants.

Now I don't have a breeding tank but due to a near extinction level event just before Christmas, I only have them and 4 tetras (and I have to say it's a very peaceful, loving tank) so I was wondering if there was a slight possibility that if fertilisation has occured, whether I may have the slightest chance of some babies?

I was going to get some new fish this weekend but if anyone thinks that I could see babies soon, then I will hold off.

Also, during w/c's is there anything I should be careful of? Thanks for your time.

Have you found eggs ? Mine lay them randomly on the glass then swim up and down the glass endlessly till they have done laying and fertilising

no.gif
  can't see any signs of eggs on the glass. Oh well, maybe they were just practising.
good.gif

My pandas lay the eggs on the leaves of the plants in my tank, and I've only ever seen 3 eggs in my tank, but I've got 7 panda cories that I never bought.  ;)  They just popped out of the hiding places in my tank one day.  My 3 panda cories have become 10.  So, don't be discouraged.  If you don't have the time, patience or inclination for trying to raise fry, just add a bunch of live plants to your tank, form some "caves" of some manner and let the fry fend for themselves.  Some of them might actually make it to adulthood.  Letting them fend for themselves saves you the stress and heartbreak when the eggs hatch.  

Most reactions

Back