i think i'm going to cry.......

That's terrible and awful and then terrible again,PK :-( I'm so sorry that this happened to you (and that poor,poor dying betta) Ugggh it breaks my heart to know he's just sitting there dying right now! Omg, hell's not hot enough for those coldhearted people! I hope their business goes bankrupt!

"Hmmph,I certainly hope someone stabs him in the eye!"

(hee,hee more Simpson's lines for ya :p )

Don't beat yourself up! At least somebody (you!) thought about and wanted him in his lifetime :wub: , that's more than what can be said for many a betta out there :sad:

Hi Pointy_kitty

I feel so sorry for you. :-( Not just for not getting the betta you wanted, but for having to go through this whole experience. How pointless! No one at all benefited from letting this poor fish suffer and die.

Why not do a little research and see if you can find a newspaper, or even better, a specific reporter and tell him or her this story. :unsure: The betta trade is all too often sordid enough that to see one die so close to finding a happy home just breaks my heart. A good reporter could tell that story in a way everyone could relate to and understand.

Do you think it's worth a try? :dunno:

Inchworm said:
Hi Pointy_kitty

I feel so sorry for you. :-( Not just for not getting the betta you wanted, but for having to go through this whole experience. How pointless! No one at all benefited from letting this poor fish suffer and die.

Why not do a little research and see if you can find a newspaper, or even better, a specific reporter and tell him or her this story. :unsure: The betta trade is all too often sordid enough that to see one die so close to finding a happy home just breaks my heart. A good reporter could tell that story in a way everyone could relate to and understand.

Do you think it's worth a try? :dunno:
thats a really good idea,
even more so then just calling the coorprate office to complain
i will look into this and even if all i can do is rant in the paper
then so be it
i'll be sure to post it here first so you guys can help me tweak it :thumbs:

ya know,
the worst part is :no:
when i think back to it
he was right there in my grasp :/
if i hadn't have forgotten my stupid bank card and
mentioned that he had fungus,
he would have been in his own 2 gallon bowl like the others
with his own java fern and cave fattening himself up on frozen bloodworms :unsure:
so close, but no cigar :-(

oh well,
i must say everyones kind words have made me feel alot better
i feel sort of silly for crying over him though :*)
it was just picturing his mangled little corpse. :rip:

i was gunna name him Tabiahs :lol:

Truly awful :-( ....my little blue Betta, The Godfather was going to meet the same fate, he had fungus too, and he was kept with red tipped sharks, so his fins were in rags.

Thankfully the LFS didn't even care enough not to sell sick fish...so some tales do have happy endings, he's great now.

Your story's a sad one to hear :(.

Samage said:
Truly awful :-( ....my little blue Betta, The Godfather was going to meet the same fate, he had fungus too, and he was kept with red tipped sharks, so his fins were in rags.

Thankfully the LFS didn't even care enough not to sell sick fish...so some tales do have happy endings, he's great now.

Your story's a sad one to hear :(.
they kept red finned sharks with a betta????????? :crazy:
thats disturbingly idiotic!

Don't feel silly crying over him, I would probably have done the same thing myself.
In fact I nearly did today.
I have just got another crown tail betta, he is blue and a couple of pakistani loaches for the large community tank (the betta is in the betta tank).
The store that I got these from has had a delivery recently of female bettas, there are loads of them in the tank approximately 30 some of them were dead, some were not swimming around and just looking sorry for themselves and then there was one girl who didn't even have a tail, it was completely gone. I wish I had have had room for her to go somewhere I would have asked the guy to give her to me, when I mentioned it to him he just said "it will grow back", not if the girl dyes first. (poor thing!) :sad: :-(

I always say "gou-ram-ee", never been corrected so far so I assume I'm saying it right. Ever hear of TURBO-FLEX worms? well a pet shop guy told me those were the only frozen foods he had, took me a while to figure out he was talking about Tubifex, lol! yeah, I really have a problem with irresponsible pet shops too.

55g 5 angels 5 hatchets
1 cherryhead conure (lorito)

Arg, what a horrible story! This thread has inspired me to ask if my local Walmart would be interested in hiring someone specifically to take care of their fish :lol:.

I have two LFS, but both take excellent care of their fish... Walmart is the only problem around here. One LFS is very small and only manages to stay open because they carry saltwater fish and the other LFS doesn't. The small LFS makes some odd tank pairings sometimes (only for lack of space. I bought a female betta there that had been in a tank with newts, and had a bit of her tail missing from being nipped) The owner is very knowledgeable about her fish, though. If she thinks a customer doesn't know how to take care of their purchase, she makes sure to inform them. The other LFS employs college kids, so they're not quite as good... but they do use the proper medication on their sick fish.

Walmart, however, doesn't even feed their bettas I am fairly sure. I know they don't clean those pathetic little cups, and yet I rarely ever see any feces at the bottom... not to mention food. My theory is that they don't feed them in an effort to keep them from soiling their cups too much (as if the water being cloudy or brown wasn't bad enough.) There are always dead fish in their tanks as well. The tanks literally have some kind of black scum growing on the bottom. I have yet to buy a fish from the tanks at Walmart that survived. Most of the time, at least 50% of the bettas have finrot.
Hopefully they'd be willing to hire me just to clean the tanks and take care of the poor neglected bettas. There's usually a 15 minute wait to be helped with buying a tank fish because there is no specific employee who takes care of the fish aisle, so I could take care of that job as well.

Sorry for the long rant... just typing to myself :lol:

Most reactions

Back