I Think I Might Have Cory Fry...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Akasha72

Warning - Mad Cory Woman
Reaction score
Hi all, got up this morning and switched on the tank lights ... it was mayhem in there so I knew something was up.

Then I saw something moving in the substrate. It was fairly clear and blended in very well. Smaller than guppy or platy fry and different in appearance and shape. Then it disapeared and I've no idea where to!!

Could it be cory fry? My bronze pair were doing their dance at the weekend and my peppered pair have been hiding out for about a week ...

If I see it again and I can net it I'll see if I can get a picture

glad it's not just me!! lol

im jelly if hats the case gratz mate

Er .... what ? :huh:

I'm just as confused as you are... :dunno: :look: :unsure: :blink:

"I'm jealous if that's the case. Congratulations mate."

I think.

Anyway, yes a little cory fry would be very possible, theyre so lovely when they're little. Don't bother netting, just leave it be and wait and see what it grows into :D

Ahh, yeah now you've said it I get it ... never been any good with abbreviations and text speak. It once took me nearly a week to work out what gr8 meant lol

I'll do as you say and leave it be ... although there's no sign of it tonight so it's either hiding or it's been lunch

I've got a tank full of livebearers (except the cory's) so it's fry city in there - but the guppies tend to keep it fry free as they eat anything that moves and is small enough to fit in their mouths.

Worried they've already eaten the fry I saw this morning

I had five peppereds survive to an inch long before I even noticed them in the tank, one full of greedy fish. Give it plenty of places to hide and maybe get a lump of java moss off eBay, it's great for fry to hide in.

And if they've already eaten it....not much you can do about that!

I think if it's anywhere it's in the bogwood. There's lots of grooves and tiny holes in it that the adult fish can't get to and my platy fry are paying it a lot of interest. Keeping my eyes peeled anyway :)

little fry wasn't seen at all all day yesterday and not been seen yet today ... think it's probably been lunch :no:

Oh dear. Well it might happen again, you never know! You really need more bushy plant cover for fry than you have. I have a handful of java moss going spare if you want it?

Oh dear. Well it might happen again, you never know! You really need more bushy plant cover for fry than you have. I have a handful of java moss going spare if you want it?

Yes please! I've not succeeded in finding anyone that stocks it in my area yet

Most reactions

Back