I Think I Have Cherry Barb Eggs!

Man of fish

I'm Interested in.... ----|> that
Reaction score
Last week and a few times before as well I've seen my cherry barbs wrapping and 'playing' with each other. Well today the female cherry has just been sitting in one of my caves all today and yesterday, and when I looked inside I noticed there's eggs scattered all over in there. There's also the odd one in the tank, but mainly just in the cave. I didn't think cherries protected their eggs but that seems to be what she's doing! She's letting others in the cave, but she's just sitting in there. What are the chances they'll hatch and survive?

The profile at SeriouslyFish gives some advise on breeding, sounds likel you could have fry in the next 24 hours or so, but they suggest seperating the adults from the eggs to prevent them from eating the eggs.

So far they've been good and haven't eaten them. There's only a tiny cluster though. Maybe since it's only their first spawn? Looks like maybe 10 eggs to a cluster and maybe 4 clusters.

Well, turns out that only a few eggs did actually end up hatching, where they were eaten by my other fish :(
I was too busy admiring them to scoop them out :(

Most reactions

Back