I quit my job...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What's an agriculture room at Walmart? I may be too urban, or maybe I've been careless about the danger of combine harvesters in aisle 43.

Congrats! Proud of you. Just hearing your stories out your managers a year ago made me cringe, so I'm glad you got away from all of that stuff! Hope the new job goes well. :) :yahoo:

What's an agriculture room at Walmart? I may be too urban, or maybe I've been careless about the danger of combine harvesters in aisle 43.
The agriculture room is where they sell live plants, farm equipment, dirt, mulch and tools. It also is a home and garden area with the corresponding merchanidse. Apparently they need someone who actually cares about the plants, hence me.

Congrats! Proud of you. Just hearing your stories out your managers a year ago made me cringe, so I'm glad you got away from all of that stuff! Hope the new job goes well. :) :yahoo:
One of the managers got arrested....at 11 am...on a monday...and I am not "a manager canidate becaue you broke the trust" what bs

I am also from (but no longer there) the Pennsylvania backwoods (Bradford) and it was only a matter of time before Walmart became the major employer in much of the state. I often tell folks who have good customer service skills that there is good money to be made selling cars. However it sounds like you've found a nice match with a new position and I offer my congratulations. Now go grow something! :)
Cumberland county is not it...adams and your county rule! As an Ohioan I miss the endless plains and the vast woods of Ohio...take me home..country roads to the place I belong ohio...

Sometimes you just gotta quit!

My last job with the County was at $120k plus benefits but the director was trying to hang his management problems on me. I came in on a Monday and told them I was starting pre-retirement vacation (between vacation and sick leave I had over 2000 hours built up) on Tuesday and would be cleaning out my office that day. The really funny thing was that there were 12 of us at the same level in Financial management and we all knew each other and most of the next couple levels down. It took them 6 months to fill my old position and had to do so with someone from outside the County (REALLY STUPID - they had to know all the systems and proceedures well) and that guy lasted less than 3 months before he walked. That was 5 years ago, I left California for Florida and am loving retirement. Kind of irritated my wife, though. The plan was for her to retire first when my son got out of 8th grade - she stuck to her schedule and retired two years later, right before we moved.

BTW- when I retired, I had been working 50 years.

Dan

Cumberland county is not it...adams and your county rule! As an Ohioan I miss the endless plains and the vast woods of Ohio...take me home..country roads to the place I belong ohio...

I don't miss the town and I'll never go back but it's all round rolling hills and valleys. Kind of made you feel safe like arms around you... or something like that...

bford.jpg

My only consolation is Cumberland County is pretty rural with some suburban kinda looking areas. So its better than Dauphin county or York city.

Most reactions

Back