I need to bring my aquarium lid in to the pet store so I can get replaced but I am worried about my animals jumping out

MorganJamesSimpson

Reaction score
I have amono shrimp danios and nerite snail should I risk it and not have a lid on or put something like plastic food safe cling wrap over it

Buy some plastic lunch wrap and cover the tank with that. Poke a few small holes in it to let some air in.

Reduce the water level by a few inches and that should stop anything jumping out. Most fish only jump when startled and that usually occurs after dark or when the tank lights come on in the morning or go off at night.

Buy some plastic lunch wrap and cover the tank with that. Poke a few small holes in it to let some air in.

Reduce the water level by a few inches and that should stop anything jumping out. Most fish only jump when startled and that usually occurs after dark or when the tank lights come on in the morning or go off at night.
Thank you I will do that

Attachments

• PXL_20240731_161107538.jpg
    PXL_20240731_161107538.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20240731_161100995.jpg
    PXL_20240731_161100995.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 15
I would have said measure the lid and leave it on the tank. At lease in trhe states, lids are sold by dimenesions and/or by the size tank on which they fit.

Unless it was an emergency I always bought lids online as they were a lot cheaper that way. I am not sure this is the case today.

Your hang on filters will provide oxygen to the water way more than any holes in the film might.

I would have said measure the lid and leave it on the tank. At lease in trhe states, lids are sold by dimenesions and/or by the size tank on which they fit.

Unless it was an emergency I always bought lids online as they were a lot cheaper that way. I am not sure this is the case today.

Your hang on filters will provide oxygen to the water way more than any holes in the film might.
I had a warranty on my lid and since the lights won't working I got a new one for free but I had to bring it in as proof that it was broken.

Most reactions

Back