I`m A Newbie, Here`s My Tank. What Do You Think?

dave1968

Reaction score
Hi there, only my 2nd visit and thought i`d get your opinions on my tank. Its a rekord 96 and i`ve tried for a natural kind of look. I`ve used gravel, bogwoods, stone and real plants. The fish i have are 2 spotted gourami, 1 red tailed shark, 2 mollies, 2 clown loach (great for getting rid of snails). 1 fighter and a mixture of tetra inluding neon, glowlight and phantom.

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 31
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 31
  • tank3.jpg
    tank3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 51
Nice looking tank Dave,

I'd watch out for the clown loaches though as the Rekord will be way to small for them (it's only 21 gallons when you should be looking at 75gallons for these)

Not too sure about the red tailed sharks and what size they should have.

tank looks good, just keep an eye on the fighter espesially if its male as they don't do to well in community tanks in most cases, especially with tetras, gourami and sharks :crazy:

Nice looking tank Dave,

I'd watch out for the clown loaches though as the Rekord will be way to small for them (it's only 21 gallons when you should be looking at 75gallons for these)

Not too sure about the red tailed sharks and what size they should have.

thanks,
i`m sure i keep getting bad advice from shops and their supposeed experts. originaly got the clowns because of snail problem(all sorted now). red tail is approx. 4". clowns approx. 2". Will this be a problem sooner or later?

thanks,
i`m sure i keep getting bad advice from shops and their supposeed experts. originaly got the clowns because of snail problem(all sorted now). red tail is approx. 4". clowns approx. 2". Will this be a problem sooner or later?

It will become a problem, but I honestly don't know how quickly they grow. Mine are in with my oscars and seem pretty static at 6", whereas if they were oscars at that size, then you'd already have to be cycling the big tank to put them as they grow really rapidly.

There are two LFS I goto. I regularly see both refuse to sell fish to people after they tell them the size of their tank or what other fish they already have etc... give really good advise as well. Whereas another (part of a chain - not naming the exact shop but it's one of the Maidenhead Aquatics) would sell you anything so long as you handed over the cash.

Your tank does look nice though. Is that a single piece of bogwood in the centre? Looks v nice!

thanks,

It will become a problem, but I honestly don't know how quickly they grow. Mine are in with my oscars and seem pretty static at 6", whereas if they were oscars at that size, then you'd already have to be cycling the big tank to put them as they grow really rapidly.

There are two LFS I goto. I regularly see both refuse to sell fish to people after they tell them the size of their tank or what other fish they already have etc... give really good advise as well. Whereas another (part of a chain - not naming the exact shop but it's one of the Maidenhead Aquatics) would sell you anything so long as you handed over the cash.

Your tank does look nice though. Is that a single piece of bogwood in the centre? Looks v nice!
Thanks again and its 2 pieces of bogwood and 2 mango root. With regards to the store i used mentioning no names (pets at home), i think i`ve took for granted its only 5 mins from me. I must go elsewhere, its a big world out there!

Most reactions

Back