I Love My Betta Fish But...........

mandy+fighter

Reaction score
I love my betta fish but I think that breeding gold fish would be easier. Is that true? Is it possible for betta fish, male and female to get along and not fight?? -_-

It's a personal preference really. Breeding either of them isn't really that tough, just need patience, and to do your research, of course. :good:

actually, unless goldfish are in a pond it's reportedly near impossible to get them to breed... by those standards bettas are relatively easy but that doesn't necessarily mean one SHOULD breed them.

I think you guys are correct. But my friend had some sort of fish. She had a big fish tank and ethier gold fish or tropical fish. And every once in a while she wuold see eggs and guppies. Do they do that privately or do you just look and help.

she wuold see eggs and guppies.

i presume you mean eggs and fry. guppies are a type of fish. think carefuly before deciding to breed from your bettas, lots of things to consider.

i would tred VERY carfuly about keeping them together, they are called "fighting fish" for a reason. in a big enough tank with plenty cover, yes a male and female can coexist on occasions, but its the exception rather than the rule. fish do not feel comlex emotions for one another such as love.

if you would like to try breeding fish, start out easy. Livebearers are good for beginner experience. Try Platys or Guppies, but be aware that they will breed pretty much constantly and pet stores are not always willing to take fry (see the livebearer forum for more info). Not sure about any easy egglayers. Probably one that shows some brood care if you are concerned about fry survival rates. Many cichlids show this behavior, but most of the egg layers whose breeding habits i know about either eat eggs and fry, or only provide care up to haching and afterwards turn cannibalistic.

convict cichlids is a good beginners fish!!!
they breed like rabbits lol and u can also watch them raise there young!!!
i breed them so much my lfs wont take them anymore lol
im stuck with 100+ half inch convict fry
anybody want some black and pink convict frys??

Most reactions

Back