I Love Cory's

Ripcord

Reaction score
I just purchased 3 baby Albino Corys(or Pink Corys) and A Panda Cory. I love these fish and would like to buy some more. Is there a specific ratio of catfish to normal fish that i should watch or can i get as many as i want. I bought some sinking pelets for them is that okay cause I only have 6 neons in the tank with them is that okay.

Hi Ripcord, i am a BIG cory lover as well! I think you should have them in a group, idea 5-6 of them. Even though they'll be happier with their own species, its ok to mix them with different corydoras.

Hi Ripcord :)

I love corys too! :wub:

You don't have to worry about how many you have compared to other fish, as long as you do not exceed a safe amount of total fish in the tank.

I have tanks with nothing but corys and they are my favorites. :nod: Last night my albinos spawned. They are so happy since I moved them into a tank all their own. I keep bettas in some of my cory tanks and find that that's an excellent combination. Neons would be great too. :thumbs:

I have three cories in a quaratine tank and they are so cute. I love to watch them zip around the tank, or rest on the plant leaves. And then when I walk closer to the tank they all swim to the bottom and freeze there. ("stay still! If we don't move she can't see us!")
I like the way they hang together, and I wish I had space for more. I will definitely have some when I get a bigger tank.

Are There any Rare Corys I should look for or any really nice ones i should look at buying. I'm thinking of making my 70 gallon a cummunity tank and have a couple of schools of corys. Do you think they'll get along with my 2 plecos?

I have 11 of them. 3 Albino, 3 Peppered, 3 Trins and 2 Schwartz's. Sadly one of my Schwartz's died a month ago and I haven't gotten him replaced yet. I try to buy their species by groups of 3 though if you can do 5 or more they like it better. Mine all shoal together at times but mostly they hang around doing nothing but sifting the sand.

Yeah I'm beginning to see the reason everyone loves them. Though it's funny I have bought mine in set's of 3 but 2 seem to stay together with one loaner. Both my panda's and my paleatus do this.

are their any pink variations of cory that aren't dyed?

I'm planning on making my 20 gallon tank a community tank with fish that are mostly white, pink, and red in color :D

rcole82 said:
are their any pink variations of cory that aren't dyed?
Hi rcole82 :)

There is the C. aeneus albino, that you already have, and C. paleatus has an albino version too. That has an albino long finned variety that is very attractive, but not as easy to find as the darker one. Here's a link:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/calli...ydora/271_f.php

The panda corys are cute and pink with markings:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/calli...ydora/267_f.php

There are others too.

Inchworm, :D

thanx for the links, i am now adding the long-finned variety to my list of dream fish. I have yet to see the panda variety at any of the LFS in my area. :( They are hella cute and remind me of punk rockers for some reason, lol. :p

Pandas, depending on your location, can be impossible to find or get unless you special order them but they are cute and I'm tempted to buy them even though I've sworn off anymore Cory or bottom dwellers until I get some Khuli Loaches.

Most reactions

Back