I know why...

You need to have hard water in order to keep guppies. Hard water + calcium build up.
I have pretty hard water. When I do maintenance I use a stanley knife blade (think you just call them razor blades in the US?) and wet the glass above the water line, where you can see that hard build up, and just scrape it off by running the blade along the glass at an angle. Then take a damp paper towel and wipe to remove residue. Works like a charm, and no chemicals or major dismantling needed.

I have pretty hard water. When I do maintenance I use a stanley knife blade (think you just call them razor blades in the US?) and wet the glass above the water line, where you can see that hard build up, and just scrape it off by running the blade along the glass at an angle. Then take a damp paper towel and wipe to remove residue. Works like a charm, and no chemicals or major dismantling needed.
The problem with my tank is that it had it all over the place. (Literally on every side - it is a 20g long...)

Also, white vinegar worked like a charm for me. (I said originally, I thought it was because of the calcium buildup)

The problem with my tank is that it had it all over the place. (Literally on every side - it is a 20g long...)

Also, white vinegar worked like a charm for me. (I said originally, I thought it was because of the calcium buildup)

In your new photo with the better light, look at the glass just above the water line. See the marks? That will scrape off if you use a razor blade on it. But it's up to you, was just a tip if you wanted it, but it's your tank to do as you please of course.

For those pictures I used my iPad Mini4's camera. Usually, I use a LUMIX F2.8. Why do you ask?
Why did you ask me what camera I use the other day? I thought you were into photography maybe, so I was curious.

Why did you ask me what camera I use the other day? I thought you were into photography maybe, so I was curious.
Oh, well I am.

I asked what camera you used because the photo you took was good. I guess I always ask what camera other people use, lol.

Oh, well I am.

I asked what camera you used because the photo you took was good. I guess I always ask what camera other people use, lol.
Aw, thank you! I have no great talent as a photographer, the camera does all the work for me. I use the nikon while out and about, and for taking action shots of the dogs, but the fujifilm X-T10 is much better for the aquarium stuff.

Most reactions

Back