I Just Keep Going Back :)

MadCatter

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I ventured into saltwater and ended up taking apart my brackish and freshwater tanks. Part of me just can't resist a betta. It's just so difficult. They have such spunk and personality!

So... I have a new red male. I've never had a red betta before, and he's beautiful. I've always had interesting bettas full of personality... but nothing like this guy. His name is Copernicus (I found it suiting as his world does revolve around him, and he's just so curious about everything). He's in a tall planted vase (marimo balls, amazon sword, a houseplant I forget the name), and I will hopefully have pictures soon.

I've started writing/drawing little pictures on the side of his vase in assorted dry erase board markers, and he seems to find these to be very interesting. He'll swim back and forth trying to get the best view while inspecting - - has anyone else tried this? Because he's in a vase, I try to change things up a little bit every so often so that he has something interesting to look at.

Mm... so addictive are bettas!

Bettas really are extremely addictive!! I always had bettas on and off while I was growing up and now I'm keeping two. I find that since I've joined this forum my addiction has intensified. I guess it's seeing how many bettas some of the other keep and I think "Well, if they can keep that many so can I! :shout: " Then I see how beautiful and different everyone's betta are and I say to myself "I really do need a Crowntail betta, oh, and a Halfmoon, oh yeah, and a Plakat, and a Super Delta, and uh, uh, uh..just one more I promise! :blush: "

That sounds really fascinating though-using the dry erase markers. I bet my bettas would go crazy. You really do need to post pics!! We're expecting them!!

oh i totally agree! i have also had bettas growing up and ever sence i have joined this forum i used to go in all the chats and check things out but now i have found that i really only stay in the betta chat and i cant help but buy more and more :fun:

I know, I know :p I need to get a picture up! Sorry :p I'll borrow my roommate's camera ASAP ;)

I only stay in bettas....got to go to a pet shop today to get my dog food...honest ..only place that sells this brand...and they got bettas in cos Stang has got one from there.... :hyper: :hyper:

I only stay in bettas....got to go to a pet shop today to get my dog food...honest ..only place that sells this brand...and they got bettas in cos Stang has got one from there.... :hyper: :hyper:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The pretty one has gone but they have a beautiful red/blue vt that someone brought back!

Betas are wonderful pets. Once I got one I could not resist them :drool: I had 9 at one point but I gave them all away. But they have awesome personalities and are very different from one another. They are my favorite type of fish :hyper:

Betas are wonderful pets. Once I got one I could not resist them :drool: I had 9 at one point but I gave them all away. But they have awesome personalities and are very different from one another. They are my favorite type of fish :hyper:

Puffers are still my absolute favourite fish, but for freshwater, Bettas are probably my favourite. Both just have such personality, and are so inquisitive about everything.

Yea Ive started getting other fish a bit as well, but it didnt take long for me to start looking back at bettas.

Easily my favorite fish.

Most reactions

Back