I Just Can't Stop!

missigfunk

Fishaholic
Reaction score
as the title suggests...

I JUST CAN'T STOP!!!

buying or wanting more fish that is.

i have a 3ft tank (not sure of exact measurements but it's pretty big)

this is what i have in there:

5 platys
2 bumble bees
2 angel fish
2 BIG gouramis (the blue patterned ones)
7 mollies
snail

it may seem like a pretty big mix, but they honestly all get along very well together.

i want to get more fish, but not sure what yet. i don't want to over crowed the tank though and get the fish stressed out. to me there seems to be heaps of space left for a few more fish, but i dnt want the ones i have to die of stress and that.

any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Wonderfull isn't it? you have a pocket full of cash, and you go in your lFS and say...I'll have this,this and this. It makes you feel really good inside. And then a few months down the line, you are on the forum saying that you have a major disease caused by overstocking, your filter can't cope, your fish are really unhappy cos they are fighting for territory, and then you find out you have bought a shed load of fish that should never be kept together, and lastly, to add insult to injury, you end up with the problem of babies.

Think about what you are doing mate

Emma

Spend the money you have set aside for fish & get another tank .

Silly prices for tanks on e bay if you are prepared to travel a bit- alot of them come with everything included.

I must admit I started with one, now up to five & counting, but does enable you to have the fish you like, without overcrowding. If you can look after one tank, the others are a piece of cake. :good:

Good point mate I have 5 tanks also. If you really want to keep adding fish, thats fine, but as guinness said, you must be prepared to buy more tanks

Emma

thanks guys

although i never said that i WAS going to buy more fish. i was just asking if you all thought my tank was stocked enough as it is?

did you even read my whole post? i basically said that i wouldnt sacrifice the fish i have now just to buy a few more because i seem to be addicted.

i dont have room for anymore tanks, so il have to be happy with what i have now.

Sorry, my fault. Yes I think your tank is stocked enough. Keep an eye on the angels though, they can get big

Emma

Honestly i would say that you have more than enough fish in there as it is. Its very important to work out the gallons/liters of the tank though- what is the tanks exact length, width and height in inches or centimeters?
Your stocking is not ideal either way though, some of your fish could experience issues in time to come with some of their tank mates.

ive had all my fish for atleast 4 months now.

the only ones that grew were the angels and the 2 gourami's. the angels are still pretty small i think, compared to one i had previously. i think the gourami's are pretty massive though, compared to the ones you see at the lfs lol

i honestly thought my fish would be happy because they all seem to get along. ive never one seen any certain breed attack another.

but i promise i wont buy anymore fish

i will feed my addiction by looking for fish that i WILL buy when God forbid any of my others die.

oh an tokis....i had another thread a while back that had the stats of my tank, i will try and find it for you

how can i find my other threads or posts?

i thought there might have been an option in the My Controls area but i cant seem to find it?

Always room for another tank :D

Some of mine have migrated into the bathroom, kitchen & garage

wow guiness!

i still live at home, so i cant really put any tanks in the kitchen or bathroom.

i still have my old smaller tank, but i honestly dont think im responsible enough to look after 2 tanks :blush:

If you have another tank, then depending on its size some of the fish in your current tank may benefit from having a tank all to their own- running two small to medium size tanks really isn't that difficult though, i was a bit apprehensive about it the first time i ran two tanks at the same time, but as long as you are organized its really easy to run multiple tanks- years on from my first two tanks, i'm now running 3 125gallon tanks and 1 5gallon tank at the same time :thumbs: .

You are responsible enough to care about your stocking levels- therefore you are responsible & caring.

A 10G tank in say the kitchen- is a plus- something to watch when you or your Mum is getting dinner ready. I have often burnt the dinner watching my Siamese FF playing to his audience.

personally, If you have to buy antother tank, I would buy a small Quarantine Tank. This has proved a major asset to many a fish keeper in treating fish ailments. After you have a small Qtank setup, then maybe look at other tanks in the future.

Emma

Most reactions

Back