I Have Never Seen Something So Bad

nigel_rennie

Reaction score
post-27441-1166572026.jpg

Has anyone out there got any idea what this is on my fish and how i can fix it.

Cheers Nige

I am by no means an expert on this subject but I thought I would respond since your post has jumped to page 2. I wonder if it is an anchor worm? :dunno: If it is, I wouldn't suggest pulling it off because you will probably leave the head in the fish and the anchor worm will survive. This needs to be looked at soon before a secondary infection starts.

As far as a treatment I suppose you want a hospital tank and something that treats external parasites. Good luck. :nod:

I had something like this with one of my Gouramis, but it was much worse. I didn't know how to treat it so I isolated it and added some anti-parisite meds, but I woke up the next day to find it dead.

Was not a pretty sight at all, never seen anything like it. However, it seems yours is a lot smaller than the one I found, so hopefully it can be solved. Good luck.. :)

Looks to me like a parasitic worm that could be in the wrong host.
It seems to have grown to big and burst through the skin just like in the film Alien.

I dont think the fish will survive but you could try finding some internal parasite killer for the other fish.

Take this one out and quarantine. Salt usually kills anything parasitic so add at a teaspoon per gallon.

Thanks guys,

I was really hoping not to have to try and catch the little bugger - I have a fairly heavily planted tank and i dread the though of my net ripping everything up ;).

I do have a quarantine tank set up though so will get him out asap. I have a feeling the rest of the school has the same parasite - i just hope the discus don't!

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers Nige

Most reactions

Back