I Have A Pregnant Platy!

KingKenny

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Insignificant news to most on here, but this is the first pregnant fish I've ever had. Have kept platys numerous times in the past but the water quality has never been good and so it has never happened.

This time I have done things 100% the right way and I'm getting the rewards! My fat bellied platy who I was concerned was developing dropsy now has a clear gravid spot developing.

Can't wait for the fry, although it will be survival of the fittest in there. I had three platys and four neon tetras. Will these fish try to eat the fry?

Congrats and yes the neons will try to eat your fry so will the mother when it's done, and your other platies..

As anyone on here that breeds livebearers knows, it is highly reccomended to use a fry tank to keep the fry in. You can either put the mom in there a week or so before she gives birth or take the fry out of the other tank and transfer them, if you get to them in time. :D :p

I'm going to go the way of survival of the fittest to be honest. I have adequate fine leaved plants for fry to hide in.

Just havent got the room to have all of them survive!

Nature shall take its course.

I'm going to go the way of survival of the fittest to be honest. I have adequate fine leaved plants for fry to hide in.

Just havent got the room to have all of them survive!

Nature shall take its course.
That's how I am. And lazyiness plays a part of course.

Most reactions

Back