I have a dilemma! Opinions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I have a 15 gallon That is cycling for cherry shrimp. I just was at my lfs and saw an orange Sakura shrimp that was berried. I bought it and a male. I put them in a breeder net in my 29 gallon tank. This is only temporary. I have a 5 gallon betta tank that I could put them in. I don’t want them to get eaten tho. It’s a risk that I’m not wanting to necessarily take. So what if I were to put it in my 15 gallon with my red shrimp? I would get some wild types no? I’m not breeding for profit but I would love to have a nice colony of fire red/painted fire red shrimp. My 2 options are risk it with the betta, and put them with my red cherry’s. I also have a 20 long but it has a peacock gudgeon, dwarf flag acara, and a bunch of tetras so that’s also a risk. I need HELP!!

If the betta lives with the red cherry's shrimp then I'd say it save to put them with your betta for temporary. How long have your betta co-exist with your rcs ?

If the betta lives with the red cherry's shrimp then I'd say it save to put them with your betta for temporary. How long have your betta co-exist with your rcs ?
No my betta is in a 5 gal by himself. I have a 15 gal for the rcs

I would add them to the shrimp tank and if you see any mixed color ones in the future you can remove them

Just one more tank....just one more....just one more :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back