I have a dilemma! Opinions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not a competition at all. I really wish you would watch your words to . Jesus and calling me Buddy are offensive. I have a name. Anyway, back to point...it’s not a competition at all. It’s a lesson so we all have the correct information. I never said nitrates were in BB. As you will see,, the BB develops through the nitrogen cycle as I explained previously. First you have ammonia and bacteria builds to eat it. Then you get nitrite and bacteria builds to eat it. Finally, you get nitrate which is the end result thus, having a cycled tank with bb. Then you control the nitrate with water changes. Have you added your bb yet? Depending on how much you added, you can test to see if you have nitrates yet.
Ok I’m going to say this one last time…beneficial bacteria alone will not start the cycle!!!!! You have to add waste for the bacteria to convert the ammonia to nitrites then the nitrites to nitrates. This isn’t rocket science. I’ve been telling u this the whole time. That’s why I had 0,0,0. No waste was present in the tank but there sure was bb. What do you think the whole adding ammonia to your new tank is for?

See this sponge in the bottom of this tank! I placed that one in the media and one in the filter. I had a cycled tank next morning and added my betta.
891D93BF-781F-4993-85CB-95403675104D.jpeg

Attachments

• 7F695E1C-19B9-4487-8B45-6DD414C748CA.jpeg
    7F695E1C-19B9-4487-8B45-6DD414C748CA.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 58
See this sponge in the bottom of this tank! I placed that one in the media and one in the filter. I had a cycled tank next morning and added my betta. View attachment 110323
But your bacteria doesn’t feed on anything if there is no waste!!! Therefore it wasn’t “cycled” but as soon as the betta goes in and creates waste the bacteria will colonize and therefore your tank is “cycled”.

These are all other filters that I keep extra sponges in. Each time I need to cycle a tank I pop a couple in and within a few hours it’s cycled! Note the blue one laying on top of the filter. It’s been in there a couple of months and not hunky. I wouldn’t even wash it first.
161AFCE8-C8D5-43AF-A7EB-64AB1B64B30D.jpeg

Ok I’m going to say this one last time…beneficial bacteria alone will not start the cycle!!!!! You have to add waste for the bacteria to convert the ammonia to nitrites then the nitrites to nitrates. This isn’t rocket science. I’ve been telling u this the whole time. That’s why I had 0,0,0. No waste was present in the tank but there sure was bb. What do you think the whole adding ammonia to your new tank is for?
You are correct! You have to have ammonia to start your first cycle. After that, seed a tank and add you fish. They are your waste. Dang!

These are all other filters that I keep extra sponges in. Each time I need to cycle a tank I pop a couple in and within a few hours it’s cycled! Note the blue one laying on top of the filter. It’s been in there a couple of months and not hunky. I wouldn’t even wash it first. View attachment 110326

You are correct! You have to have ammonia to start your first cycle. After that, seed a tank and add you fish. They are your waste. Dang!
And you just proved my point:rofl: your tank gets cycled, aka has no ammonia or nitrites and has nitrates, when you add the waste!

By the way, it takes a couple of weeks for your bacteria to die out even if you don’t feed. It doesn’t just die overnight.

I think you’re finally getting it. Lol!
Lol. Look back earlier in the thread. My point was this: when I add media that is seeded but no waste, I will have no nitrates. Hence why my tank would have been 0,0,0 the first night I set it up. Thank you for proving my point after all this time!

All of these were started off of one tank in another room.
B19B6B5A-99ED-4F90-A16E-480B4AC27C3A.jpeg
218ACDC9-140A-4078-AA1C-75802C0581D7.jpeg

By the way, it takes a couple of weeks for your bacteria to die out even if you don’t feed. It doesn’t just die overnight.
When did I say anything about my bacteria dying off?? Bacteria may not die with no food but guess what: it won’t grow either!!!

All of these were started off of one tank in another room.
And? I’ve started every tank since my 1st one with seeded media. I’ve just stocked the tank to about 15% capacity so that my bacteria didn’t get over loaded with waste. When doing this it gives your tanks bacteria enough time to colonize!! That’s what I’ve been stating all along…

Oh, it will die if given time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back