I hate hot weather

I live in a car and no power points to plug in an air conditioner
Sorry to hear that.

Can you get a big umbrella or some kind of tentage that can cover your car or shield the car from the heat?

For repair/changing your car window, perhaps these videos can help.

Changing car window:

Can you get a big umbrella or some kind of tentage that can cover your car or shield the car from the heat?
I am parked in an underground carpark so I am avoiding the sun but it's still hot :)

For repair/changing your car window, perhaps these videos can help.

Changing car window:
I have seen those videos, I just can't get parts for the car. I spent most of the year trying top get parts in WA but nobody carries them so I gave up bothering about it.

I am parked in an underground carpark so I am avoiding the sun but it's still hot :)

I have seen those videos, I just can't get parts for the car. I spent most of the year trying top get parts in WA but nobody carries them so I gave up bothering about it.

I think underground car park can be warm as the bricks and concrete will absorb the heat during the day.
If you can find a wooden shelter, probably it can be cooler.
I remember when I was growing time, we stayed in a wooden house and it was cooler at night compare to bricks house.

For the car window, are you able to order online? Or can you ask someone to help you to order?
Do you still keep in contact with old friends from the fish shops/farms, etc whom you can ask for help?
It's tough when you are alone.

We are 24 days into summer and Perth's summer temperatures are going up and making life miserable. It was 37C (99F) today and there are northerly and easterly winds blowing now and they have been blowing all night. I can't open the windows due to the dust blowing around and is it still 30C (86F) now at 3am.

The predicted temperature for Christmas day is 42C (108F) and the same winds. Boxing day is meant to be 44C (111F) with the same winds causing horrible conditions outside. Our temperatures are taken in the shade too, so it's 10-20C hotter in the sun.

I have no air conditioner, no fan and can't wind the windows down on the car. Stupid power windows don't work. And the gearbox is about to die so can't even drive down south to live during summer.

I am sweating like a pig in a sauna and want to be outside but can't due to the dust blowing around.

I hate hot weather.
That is awful! I don’t like hot weather either. Hope you can find a fan.

I think underground car park can be warm as the bricks and concrete will absorb the heat during the day.
If you can find a wooden shelter, probably it can be cooler.
There's no shelter in Perth. It's either undercover car parks or park in the sun. All the trees have been cut down, some have been replaced with little shrubs that are 4 feet tall but they don't help.

For the car window, are you able to order online? Or can you ask someone to help you to order?
There's no parts available here. I have spoken to mechanics and part's suppliers and most have never heard of the car. When they search their system for parts there is none in the country.

Most reactions

Back