I HATE BETTAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bettas are inactive when they're kept in a shot glass. I think they are beautiful, cheap, and hardy.

I have a male betta in my 2 gallon tank and it is far from inactive. It swims around all the time except at night when he rests. I keep the temp at 80 degrees, anything lower and he does seem to slow down some.

drobbins27 said:
Lateral Line said:
This is obviously a troll to get a rise out of people. Simply ignore trolls.
Thanks for that :/ I serously dont like bettas an wanted to learn about them, and ppl talk most passionately about fish when thier emotions are high. Nice of you to say that tho :(
nice try drobbins :sly:
we're no dummies! :rolleyes:
you started this to start an arguement for your own entertainment cause you were bored!
if you had any smarts to you (which i know you do) you would realize how many people are obsessed over bettas
to get a negative response simply state "I HATE BETTAS" and then finish it up nicely with some betta insults :blink:
to get a positive response if you "wanted to learn about them" you could have said "what do you find so exciting about bettas?" or "why do you love your bettas"
or "i would like to learn about bettas, can anyone help me"
GET THE POINT??????? :huh:

:D I personally like bettas, and I am newbie so I dont know how much my opinion counts right now. I have tons of knowledge but no on the job experience. However, it pains me to go to some stores that sell bettas. When I go to my LFS, I see a beautiful selection of bettas that are very lively, strong, colorful, and fiesty! Then you go into the local Wal-mart, and you wonder how they are still alive, no real showing of colors, and have to actually tap the bowl to confim that they are alive!

DRobbins,

Bettas are my favorite fish although I don't have one at the moment. :(

My first fish was a male betta named Moe Moe. He was the best fish ever. He had more personality than all the fish I have now put together. :p

He was a fiesty little bugger. When I would get near (and I mean as far away as 3-4 ft.), he would calmly swim over as close as he could, flare and give me dirty looks.

All the fish I have now spaz out whenever I come near. I feel like their thoughts only go as far as FEED ME!

Moe Moe was a good lil fishy. He gave me 2 years of giggles. Thanks Moe Moe. Miss ya.

:flowers:

canarsie11 said:
:D I personally like bettas, and I am newbie so I dont know how much my opinion counts right now. I have tons of knowledge but no on the job experience. However, it pains me to go to some stores that sell bettas. When I go to my LFS, I see a beautiful selection of bettas that are very lively, strong, colorful, and fiesty! Then you go into the local Wal-mart, and you wonder how they are still alive, no real showing of colors, and have to actually tap the bowl to confim that they are alive!
your opinion always counts ;)
even if its your very first day as a fish owner! :D

Pointy_kitty said:
drobbins27 said:
Lateral Line said:
This is obviously a troll to get a rise out of people. Simply ignore trolls.
Thanks for that :/ I serously dont like bettas an wanted to learn about them, and ppl talk most passionately about fish when thier emotions are high. Nice of you to say that tho :(
nice try drobbins :sly:
we're no dummies! :rolleyes:
you started this to start an arguement for your own entertainment cause you were bored!
if you had any smarts to you (which i know you do) you would realize how many people are obsessed over bettas
to get a negative response simply state "I HATE BETTAS" and then finish it up nicely with some betta insults :blink:
to get a positive response if you "wanted to learn about them" you could have said "what do you find so exciting about bettas?" or "why do you love your bettas"
or "i would like to learn about bettas, can anyone help me"
GET THE POINT??????? :huh:
HAHA well put, you got me there lol :thumbs:

billy61788 said:
i hate people from ontario, really! to me they are slow and inactive
what do you think?

:rofl:

harsh but hillarious
...diss ontario again and get flammed....

joke but uh i live in ontario too...just cause drobbin said sumthing about betta dont talk about ppl in ontario

Pointy_kitty said:
canarsie11 said:
your opinion always counts ;)
even if its your very first day as a fish owner! :D
Thanks alot! will one male betta live successfully with tetras!

i think bettas are beautiful, but my male must have gone nuts or something, i came home from work today and he had killed the female betta, and my female sword tail :sad: i guess he will have to live in the glass cookie jar i put him in for a while. he is very beautiful though

BKK about what you said... compaired to relative size the betta has a stronger bite then a shark! It's jaws bite down at more pressure per square inch then a shark does when you account for size difference. It's an interesting fact!

Yes... I do agree that it was really rude to start an arguement for no reason. But... I guess since you hate bettas I hate them now too...

All I know is somebody better not say," I think bettas are slow and inactive." :grr: Because i'll go to your house with my bettas, put them in a tank, dunk your head in and we'll see how slow and inactive they are. :shifty:

Oh and by the way you know I am j.k. right???? :shifty:

WOW..........I wish my Polly the Blood Parrot would get this much in return when someone says "I HATE HYBRIDS"

Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!

Silver
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back