I Had To Tell Somebody About This.

NEONCORY

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I had to tell somebody about this.
I finally got one of the Cory that is my want list for a long time.
The Black Shultzi. I finally got them! :hyper: Although they are still around 1", and need some grow up to do. But he told me that they should start breed in 4~6 months. So hopefully I have more of them next year.

I know they are kind of rarer and hard to find or not too many of them offered often.
And I saw the person listed last week with BuyItNow with free shipping. And I thought his price is reasonable so I did BIN the auction. And I know he will send with USPS Priority. And we agree on the Monday shipping and I got them on Wednesday. And they all made the trip safely. And the auction was for the 5 but he sent me 6. As well as the bag of the mystery cory. At first, they look a lot like the Melanotaenia fry and I thought they better be anything but.
And I e-mailed him and asked what they are. And he told me they are either Natteri(sp) or Shultzi. It would be cooler if they are the Natteri but they look more like regular color formed Shultzi. And they are the smallest Cory I ever got in the mail so they have not show the line on their shoulder. So I guess I have to wait and see.

I know some sellers do not like to ship the fish especially the high valued fish with anything but the expensive over night guarantee shipping. But I do believe, if the fish is healthy to begin with and take the proper prep for the shipping and packed right, most fish can handle 2~3 days in the shipping without problem. Of course, I would not ship the big Discus or proven pair of Angelfish or super expensive Zebra Pl*co with anything but over night either if I have some to sell. Or I probably tell them to come pick them up.

Anyway, they(black) are indeed eye catching fish. I will pumper them for sure.

Congrats. They are an amazing addition to any tank. I've had mine since August last year and am so glad I got them.

Got any pics of the new gorgeous additions??

:kana:

Congratulations on the new additions :good:

I have also been after these cories for a while, but have not been successful.

Yes, congratulations! They are a handsome fish. It's great when we finally get something on our wish list. I got mine too, though I had to struggle a bit once I got them.

Look forward to the pictures and the future breeding.

llj

not fair :blink:
"stamping my feet" "and throwing my soother/dummy out of the pram"
I WANT THEM .........

Becks
x.x.

Sorry Mate,

If you can wait a year and move to the State, I will hook you up. If not, you have to find on your own.
I think the person posted below you have some for sale soon? And they are in the RIGHT Country for you.

I WANT THEM .........

Becks
x.x.

Sorry Mate,

If you can wait a year and move to the State, I will hook you up. If not, you have to find on your own.
I think the person posted below you have some for sale soon? And they are in the RIGHT Country for you.

I will move gladly lol ... when do we get the pics , i have always wanted these .. never seen em round here though at a reasonable price ....

very nice indeed i got mine 5 months ago at 2cm and they have tripled in size since, luck good and i want pictures
Jonny

Humm I thought I reply but it either disappeared or I messed up the posting.

Anyway, Thank you all for the congratulations. Although it is not so much of the accomplishment but find the source to get them and have some money to spend on the fish. And at the place at the right time, in this case I was at the right time at checking the auction online and saw the auction with reasonable price(with free shipping) from the seller who have perfect feedbacks. And it happened to be had the BIN option. Oh yeah , and seller's location was same Country as where I live. :lol: And I better thank the USPS people who handled the box didn't hide or delay the delivery and got here in expected time of 2 days.

Thanks AlexAndCarmen,

Yes, they are cute little dark handsome boys and girls :wub: (God I hope I have both).
And about the pictures, I'm sorry but I still do not have the mean to post. -_- I have to get the decent camera and more importantly need to get some newer computer with some decent memory to handle the picture. This thing is so old it barely let me check the web. And it does freeze all the time.
And some reason little money I find sometime end up turn into fish, fish supply, utility bill.,etc. So it might take a while before I can post any pictures. I know it blow but I have to buy fish stuff first.

Thanks Barracuda518,

The person I got from had few auctions up last few days. And he seems to list short auctions. I think he may post few more in next few days since I know 1 or 2 didn't met the reserve he set. And I know he try to raise money for rarer and more expensive Cory.

Thanks lljdma06,

So sorry about the pictures but it's gonna be a while as the reason I mentioned above. -_- And hopefully I can get them in a year although the seller told me that they should start breed in 4~6 months. I guess I will wait and see.
Beside you have yours already, yours probably breed sooner than mine. :nod:

Thanks kpintheshed

Thanks jarcher1390,

If you have yours for 5 months and tripled in size, it shouldn't be too long before they start giving you some babies. And about the pictures, sorry but it will be a while as I mentioned. -_-

I WANT THEM .........

Becks
x.x.

Sorry Mate,

I will move gladly lol ... when do we get the pics , i have always wanted these .. never seen em round here though at a reasonable price ....

OK then we settled. You can move in with me. :nod: I don't snore but you have to listen to some water bubbling noise though. :lol:
And of course, you have to help me with the water change. And I can have twice as many tanks and fish. That would be excellent. So forget about the pictures, you can see them with your own eyes. How about that. I think it is an excellent idea since you are going to move gladly. :D I'll cal a win-win-win situation.

p.s. Bring the decent camera and computer with you, would you? So all the people will stop asking for the pictures.

OK then we settled. You can move in with me. :nod: I don't snore but you have to listen to some water bubbling noise though. :lol:
And of course, you have to help me with the water change. And I can have twice as many tanks and fish. That would be excellent. So forget about the pictures, you can see them with your own eyes. How about that. I think it is an excellent idea since you are going to move gladly. :D I'll cal a win-win-win situation.

p.s. Bring the decent camera and computer with you, would you? So all the people will stop asking for the pictures.
[/quote]

Aww I realised I can't , what would I do with my 9 tanks and occupants?? :blush:
Cant leave them home alone ... And dont think UPS will charge lightly from here lmao
But then ... you never know :hyper: :good:

Yeah, sorry, you either have to pay high import license fees or smuggle the fish in.

Coryologist is in the States and has some blacks it sounds like.

Ask Spooky aka Corys 4 u for blacks. He gets them, but I don't think they are hardly ever cheap.

I would like natteri or gold shoulder. I tried to get the gold shoulder aka schultzii recently from Bryan, but he was out.

Congrats on the little guys! They are a lovely fish.

Aww I realised I can't , what would I do with my 9 tanks and occupants?? :blush:
Cant leave them home alone ... And dont think UPS will charge lightly from here lmao
But then ... you never know :hyper: :good:

Yeah, 9 tanks. That is not good. You have to have at least 10(double digits) or a dozen or teens. 9 is not enough to cover my bare walls. :D
You can always sell them off and buy more later. Of course some of the animals we will have tough time to part with them.

OK I just put you down as "Maybe" for the potential fishy roommate, then. ;)

Most reactions

Back