I got it all planed out

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am re setting up my ten gallon and i thought what i was going to put in there guppies, mollies, swords, corys, neons so what kind of decor shoud i get for em i want to make this a good looking healthy tank

THANKS
TFF

Get real plants for a start. A nice piece of bog wood. SOme non fancy gravel - simple naturalish colours (i say this because my tank is blue and white not just brown gravel which is obviously a lot more natural :p) . Perhaps a couple of nice stones you can find. I wouldn't go for any cheap tacky things like divers or treasure chests or castles.

It's all about personal preference, put in there whatever takes your fancy. Some see castles / treasure chests tacky, others don't. Personally, I think man made decor like that suits smaller tanks, like you're ten gallon.

If your a beginner, keep artificial plants to start and move on to real plants at a later date, or when you get a bigger tank. You will obviously need suitable lighting etc for that.

Good luck.

i am not a beginner but i tried to use real plants but i t didn't work out
8) 8) 8) :sly: :sly: :sly:

Well i try always to make the deco look as natural as possible, and when this is achieved ( with real plants ) it looks so much better, im another one who did castles and all that, took one look and thought tacky, and then redid it, so natural in my eyes, but its all in the eye of the beholder

That make sense ? Not sure myself :D

Definately to each his own, but i prefer the more natural look. All my tanks have sand, live plants, drift wood, and in the african tanks slate. If you had trouble with the plants why don't you try some plants that are a little more hardy like java fern and java moss. If your going to have those livebearers in there the java moss would give the babies a place to hide, so not only would you be getting the natural look but it would serve a purpose too.

TFF, I didn't keep up with anything in the plant section. Why didn't your trial with live plants work out?

Most reactions

Back