I Got Fry

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
:hyper:
Hi, female sumbu been in her shell for about a week, no fanning noticed, one of the males had been flirtin with her for about a week, at forst I thought she was just resting up from him. When she stopped coming out at feeding time I was hopeful, , , , :hyper:

Left the house first thing saturday morning do go to work, receive a call and do a sleepover on saturday night, just home tonight after 6pm, I look in the tank and sure enough ickle baby dwarf sumbus :hyper: mum guarding them, just watch dad fend off 2 BN plecs, taking no prisoners :lol: they have about 20% of the tank , everything else is staying well clear, I have never seen them like this, the sumbus are usually quite timid....
The bad news is I am starting work again tonight at 9 (bloody night shift) and have a big shift tomorrow afternoon also :grr: both small tanks are stripped, cleaned and down the stairs for selling :sad: If I can squeeze time tomorrow morning (when the mrs is at work :lol: ) O will try get some transferred in there own tank :unsure:
If I had brighter lighting and a decent camera would try et some pictures for you :grr:

Don't give us the old light/camera excuses....... :shout: PICTURES!

I`m absolutely chuffed to bits for you! :good: :good:

As doresy says....PICTURES!! :lol: :lol:

Just in from work this morning :grr:
There are still quite a few there, not as many as last night, the other tank mates have obviously discovered where the free snack bar is. Mum seems to be doing a good job of guardin some of the fry, all in the front corner of the tank. I saw dad chasing the cyps away a few times and taking on the plecs last night. Officialy I don't have a spare tank now, will try set uop a breeding net and salvage what I can :unsure:
Here's a video from last night, this is definately the worst quality I have posted yet, be patient, fry spotted about 40 seconds in and more towards the end, mum is seen hovering with them, dad came over and flared at the phone about 3 times but scurried away when I moved to fil him, apoloies in advance for the poor quality :blush:

baby tangs

If I bring these back upstairs I can say goodbye to the 6' project :sad:

Photo1086.jpg

Cheers for looking

blimey they are so small. must be brill knowing your fish are so happy they are breeding. only wish i had a bigger tank to breed my fish without having a species only tank (in the process of selling my multies so i can go marine).

congrats.......... (all this congrats, sounds like you just got married)

Most reactions

Back