I got all this.........

The-Wolf

Ex-LFS manager/ keeper of over 30 danio species
Reaction score
Today I was looking in the freeads online and I saw a tank advertised as free.
I phoned the guy asking what size it was and he said "dunno, it's got fish in it"
I tryed not to laugh out loud, but had to put my hand over the mouthpeice,
I asked "is it really free, like at no cost to me?" "yes me wants it gone!" I replyed "ok I'll take it" So I got the address from him, that was like pulling teeth, and made my way to his home near Gatwick.

The tank is 36" x 12" x 18" with a cabinet and hood, a fluval4+ filter, a tetratec filter(non working) sand substrate 300w heater, light balast with two tubes two gravel syphons, one of which is battery powered :). also included were all the accessories in the pic below.
0bde82cb.jpg

Now the fish
3 glass catfish, 1 bronze cory, 1 albino cory, 2 orange coloured algea eaters?, 2 medium sized clown loaches, 2 boetia loaches?, 2 hillstream loaches, 1 small pleco, 2 leopard danios, 1 longfinned zebra danio, 5 rummynose tetras and 2 khulie loaches.

I know I'm gonna need to sort out these fish but for now they are in my rio 125, so far only 1 rummynose hasn't made the trip home.

Well that is my windfall, and I'm knackered, but at least it was all free :thumbs:

Pic of tank and fish to come in a later post when it's all set up and aquascaped :)

That's insane!!! :hyper:

Sweet deal for you. It's like Christmas come early, I bet. :p

The tank is 36" x 12" x 18"
How many gallons is that? It sounds like there were a ton of fish in it. :blink:

Looks like the guy liked bottom feeders. :nod:

More pics, please! :hyper: :angel:

OK be honest guys, how many of you went straight onto the free ads online and scoured the pages for another hidden treasure??

....not me anyway!! :*)

Hi The-Wolf :)

What a fantastic find! :thumbs: You even got some danios in the deal. :D

I think you will enjoy watching the corys and the glass catfish too. The glass cats can be kind of picky, and mine only ate food that drifted down right in front of them, so it might be a good idea to keep an eye on them until you are sure they are eating. :D

What a fantastic find...........

..........I don't think I could find the room for another one........... :blink:

.......well, maybe I could!! :rolleyes:

........and some Danios to the Danio fan.............. :thumbs: ....nice.....

........where are these freeads????? :whistle: :shifty: :hey: :hey:

Ava_Banana said:
........where are these freeads????? :whistle: :shifty: :hey: :hey:
I use the friday ad online http://www.friday-ad.co.uk/Home.asp?Ref=Index this allows you to search by your hometown and also surrounding areas :)
I also use freedads at http://uk.freeads.net/ again you can search by the closest to you, but you have to register to use that facility.

Good luck to all in your hunt for a bargin. Btw I looked just after 10 am on friday add and the advert had only just been posted. I think they update at 10am every day.

EDIT; so far I've identified the botia loaches as Yo-Yo loaches Botia Lohachata :) and the orange loaches as Golden Chinese Algae Eater Gyrinocheilus aymonieri
I forgot to say that there are two large tetras with this lot they have a black stripe along the entire lenght of the body. Any ideas?

Nice find :thumbs: not al all jeleous :alien: :lol:

Could the tetra me a Hockey Stick Tetra? black line is in shape, funnily enough of a hockey stick?

An Rdelusion, yep I did :lol:

Arfie

Most reactions

Back