I got a Python

Becca

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok, I got a python, and it worked beautifully for adding dechlorinated water to my new tank setup (no worries, I have no fish in there, was just adding water to fill it so I could start a cycle.)

My question is this: How do the folks that use the Python for water changes add dechlorinator to the tap water? Do you put it in before you add water, or after? Or, if you put it in while the python is adding water - how?!? I love the tool - except for I can't figure out how I'd dechlorinate! :p

Thoughts, tips, suggestions and ideas are greatly welcomed.

Do the drain, then add the dechlor, the refill the tank. Very easy!

Yeah. I tend to add the declor as I am filling the tank. I feel a bit uneasy about putting in the needed declor before I add the water, so I just pour it in (or squeeze it in) while I am filling.

:p

for small water changes i put it in before i add the water. anything over about 15% i add first and then just a couple of squirts in the stream as i fill. never had any problems. :rolleyes:

I do the same - add while adding water. The only thing is I can't help but to feel that I am adding more than it is needed. Since I got Python, I change more frequently, and larger volume per change. My dechloronater is getting used up MUCH faster! :huh:

yhbae said:
I do the same - add while adding water. The only thing is I can't help but to feel that I am adding more than it is needed. Since I got Python, I change more frequently, and larger volume per change. My dechloronater is getting used up MUCH faster! :huh:
I agree. :D

Without the python it may be only 2 water changes a month. -_-
However, it is so simple and spill free, that I do about 2 a week. 8 times a month thats great! :D :D

I saw the title of your post and immediately thought you had gotten a Python snake and were wondering how to use it! :lol: I was confused for a second... :p

Sorry, no help on how to use it. Don't have one (yet?), although my vet did and I saw him use it a few times. Helpful, aren't I? :p

Pamela
aka Married Lizard

Most reactions

Back