I either saw the scariest thing, or the most satisfying thing...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So, sadly I have no images or videos... But I will try to describe what happened in detail... So my largest snail was on the glass and I decided to get are really good magnifying glass out and take a closer look... He had tons of little black markings on him and you could see his 2 little eyes... But the coolest thing was his pinkish red, circular mouth that was opening and closing... After about 10-15 seconds of watching him, he comes upon a small dead red root floater leaf... And he completely devoured it!! He swallowed it whole! Watching that in a super zooming magnifying glass was like watching a sy-fi movie on Attack of the snails! It was also super satisfying to just watch him eat this leaf as big as himself... After that he just went along his buisness like nothing happened, sucking the glass with his huge mouth...

Yes, one good thing about most snails, they will graze upon healthy plants, but they will consume dead plant matter.

I like watching nerites or mystery snails when they are on the glass, and you can see their mouth parts rasping away at the film on the glass...

Yes, one good thing about most snails, they will graze upon healthy plants, but they will consume dead plant matter.

I like watching nerites or mystery snails when they are on the glass, and you can see their mouth parts rasping away at the film on the glass...
Cant wait till I can get my nerites!! I will probably also be doing a few shrimp... So I cant wait to see them eating stuff

Mulm and Algae, and Snails, Oh My!
Snails are great! I once got into a debate with a Youtuber that had some snails he collected in a container. He noted that there was snail poop so snails must be negative waste creators in the aquarium. I could not convince him that snails are merely part of the cleanup crew helping to break down other waste materials into products for bacteria to finish off. :)

So, sadly I have no images or videos... But I will try to describe what happened in detail... So my largest snail was on the glass and I decided to get are really good magnifying glass out and take a closer look... He had tons of little black markings on him and you could see his 2 little eyes... But the coolest thing was his pinkish red, circular mouth that was opening and closing... After about 10-15 seconds of watching him, he comes upon a small dead red root floater leaf... And he completely devoured it!! He swallowed it whole! Watching that in a super zooming magnifying glass was like watching a sy-fi movie on Attack of the snails! It was also super satisfying to just watch him eat this leaf as big as himself... After that he just went along hbuisness like nothing happened, sucking the glass with his huge mouth...
Big deal. I got a magnifying glass and my snail was reading a tiny book on growing lettuce hydroponically.

Most reactions

Back