I Dont Know How To Divide Th Betta Tank :)

ryanp15

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got a male and female betta which I found out need to be divided, the petshop didn't tell me this!

Currently they're in a 30 litre tank (is that about 8 gallons?). I need to divide the tank but I'm not sure how. Firstly, it needs to be something that doesn't need glueing becasue the water is already in the tank. I was thinking foam over the end of perspex to get a tight fit.

Can you buy any tank dividers from Cherry Lane Garden Centre? (in the UK)

Also, I really need help with how many times to divide the tank, 2 or 3? From what I've read it looks like 3 times, but do they really like about 10 litres each?

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated :D

Attachments

• bettas_0045.gif
    bettas_0045.gif
    78.6 KB · Views: 42
I use them too and they are brilliant. You can cut them to the size of your tank and just take them out again if not needed. Oddly enough mine was from DP fishways too :lol:

Yep we've divided our tanks and surprise surprise......picked 3 of them up yesterday from DP Fishways too :lol: They look really good and are easy to fit to your tank :good:

I've seen a couple ways to do DIY tank dividers. I think the best way is to get is to get those binders from the clear plastic report covers as the holders and some needling canvas (also called craft canvas) as the screen. If you bury them with the substrate well enough, and the flow isn't strong, then I think they should hold up just fine without any silicone.

I've seen a couple ways to do DIY tank dividers. I think the best way is to get is to get those binders from the clear plastic report covers as the holders and some needling canvas (also called craft canvas) as the screen. If you bury them with the substrate well enough, and the flow isn't strong, then I think they should hold up just fine without any silicone.

This is how I do mine, but they do need to be attached at the top...otherwise they kind of slide around, float over, and can create openings to the guy next door that you don't want. I just take some suction cups and attach them to the top, then stick them in place. The substrate holds the bottom, and the suction cups hold the top in place.

This is how I do mine, but they do need to be attached at the top...otherwise they kind of slide around, float over, and can create openings to the guy next door that you don't want. I just take some suction cups and attach them to the top, then stick them in place. The substrate holds the bottom, and the suction cups hold the top in place.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about not securing them as I haven't gotten around to it myself yet. The suction cups sound like a good idea. Do you just silicone them to the spine of the binder or something different, like to the top of the binder instead to eliminate the gasp that would be created? :huh:

I actually bought the suction cups at a craft store. They have little hooks around the top of them. I just take the hook and loop it through the closest part of the plastic canvas, then I slip the spine back over it. I always keep the water lower than the suction cup level. Here's a picture:

Attachments

• fish_1047.jpg
    fish_1047.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 48
Ahhh, that works, lol. I was considering doing something similar, only with silicone instead of the metal hook. Looks like it works well. Great Idea! :good:

Ahhh, that works, lol. I was considering doing something similar, only with silicone instead of the metal hook. Looks like it works well. Great Idea! :good:

golly gosh I didnt know you could still get those dividers. I have had one of those for years and years since I had my first two bettas! :good:

Most reactions

Back