I Couldn't Resist...

Wow, really lovely fish, especially the copper girl! Great to see pics at last :)

Where do your tanks keep coming from lol too bad there isn't a wal-mart in the U.K sure we have asda but they are crap more really just a grocery store. i want a betta now :( but not enough money for a tank yet :( they look sexy by the way

ThePiggy! Nice fish! pics! sorority!
If anything could tempt me into Walmart (*cheers snowflake311 on*) to buy anything - but, no, I made a vow... and general plans... I hope...
Boy, you have an eye for fish - how you can tell anything about a betta in a stinky little cup like that to pick out such little beauties...

Robot_Rooster, I'm not sure how fond you are of the more expensive, spiffy tanks, but if you don't mind a standard tank and HOB or whatever, have you checked around for used tanks, the smaller sizes of which can be sometimes picked up quite cheaply?
Plain old 10 g.'s were quite popular in North America, anyway, and I'd think elsewhere, and a search of garage/boot sales can sometimes produce one or two for only a few bucks...
Maybe even with working, used equipment.
Personally, I think anything that safely holds and enables viewing of fish and plants is ideal, but I'm financially challenged...

Thanks for the compliments!

When I betta shop, I aim for one of two things: either an unusual one, or one in need. Of course, all bettas in cups at the store are in need, but some need to be rescued because they've lost their appearance appeal. If someone doesn't like the way a fish looks, they aren't likely to buy it.

I got my 10 gallon tanks from a pet store in Florida. They were bought for $8 each but didn't come with any equipment. The way I afforded to get all the tanks I have now is every paycheck, I would buy one more piece for the tank. So one week, I would buy the hood. The next week, I would buy the filter. This would continue on until I had all my pieces and then I would set up my tank. :) It's also a practice in patience. It is sometimes difficult to buy a tank and not pick out your fish right away. But it's important to let the tank cycle before getting the fish, or your fish may not last too long.

Thanks for the compliments!

When I betta shop, I aim for one of two things: either an unusual one, or one in need. Of course, all bettas in cups at the store are in need, but some need to be rescued because they've lost their appearance appeal. If someone doesn't like the way a fish looks, they aren't likely to buy it.

I got my 10 gallon tanks from a pet store in Florida. They were bought for $8 each but didn't come with any equipment. The way I afforded to get all the tanks I have now is every paycheck, I would buy one more piece for the tank. So one week, I would buy the hood. The next week, I would buy the filter. This would continue on until I had all my pieces and then I would set up my tank. :) It's also a practice in patience. It is sometimes difficult to buy a tank and not pick out your fish right away. But it's important to let the tank cycle before getting the fish, or your fish may not last too long.

nice fish

I think Scotland should have some WalMarts, I love them. It's really hard to find any Bettas here. Congrats on your rescues! :good:

The shops in Edinburgh are good for bettas if you are happy to make the journey through.

When I was in the shop yesterday getting some supplies I noticed a couple of bettas that I was tempted to take home with me.

Dobbies Garden centres are usually good for them as well. I think there is one just north of Glasgow.

Most reactions

Back