I Buyed Platys For My Shop With A Unexpected Delivery?premature Fry?

Jake'sAquatics

Reaction score
Hey,its Jake'sAquatics here. Well I went out and brought some plays to restock my tank and had a special delivery in words, lol. Iforgot to get her in tank for half and hour while I was eating I went upstairs and seen what I called fish #105###, but it moved? They all did I looked closer I seen frys, Dozens. I Quickly got her in a breeding trap and got my old 13Gallon tank out loft and set it up and put fry in it I found a load still born so I tested on them, yolk sacks place in between there stomachs slime around them, I came to a decision, they were premature. Newly hatched from there eggs. Am I correct? I don't know, I've done my job 3years with my own business this is the first time I've had premature fish since when I was 11 back years ago when I bred mollies. I breed hundreds of fish. What do I do with premature fry? And no, I'm not culling them its cruel if there gonna die let them die in peace not in pain...

i would say due to the stress of being moved she's aborted them , any that have survived just try and rear them the best that you can no harm in that unless you can see some serious problem's like them being deformed etc . If the ones that survived still have there egg sack's perhaps leave them 24 hours before trying with some liquifry for livebearer's , then just leave it to survival of the fittest .

I've had one batch of guppies where a lot of them were premature. Within a few days you couldn't tell the premature ones from the fully delveloped ones. A few of them did die though but not as many as I expected.

Most reactions

Back