I Bought Several Things For Only $26.00

ReptileLuver729

Reaction score
Ok my local LFS is closing and they were having a 50% off and more sale! I bought an API master kit (Good idea?) ummmmm a fancy guppy care book, 2 bags of gravel (one black and one pink) and water declorinator! All I hav left to get is...a heater (watts?) an air pump, a themometer, and a new filter (The Penguin 100 Bio-Wheel Power Filter provides superior biological filtration for freshwater or marine aquariums. The Bio-Wheel is the ideal culture site for the growth of beneficial bacteria. This filter requires no pumps, valves or tubing and the Bio-Wheel will never clog or need replacing. The Penguin provides 3 stage filtration: Stage one-mechanical filtration-the filter cartridge filters dirt and debris. Stage 2-chemical filtration-Black Diamond Carbon removes odors and discoloration. Stage 3-Biological filtration-Bio-Wheel eliminates ammonia and nitrite and is the ideal place for the growth of beneficial bacteria. Also features: larger Bio-Wheel, filter cartridge, boise reducing cover and adjustable mid-level intake. Filters 100 gph and is good for tanks up to 20 gallons in size.) Good filter?

Well, the API Master kit was deffo a great idea :good:

The biowheel filters are OK but they use disposable filter cartridges that will end up costing a fortune if you follow the manufacturer's advice on them. The wheel part makes a very nice biological but the rest of that filter is not as versatile or flexible as most other filters. A heater for a 20 gallon would be about 100 watts. The air pump is purely an option, not a necessity but with that said I have 4 of them. If they have the right sized Aquaclear, it is a more flexible filter.

Most reactions

Back