Hydor Powerhead

rvdbarnes

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all

Im currently sniffing around on the net for powerheads?
Im setting up a 20gal reef.

I have been chatting about this one on the nano forum, then realised this forum would probably be more suited! :good:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hydor-Koralia-1-Mari...1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys reckon? and would i need one or two of them?

cheers everyone

Lee

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That would be great, would basically give a good 20x turn over which is perfect, good buy IMO. :good:

How about a Seio M620 £10 cheaper. That's what I'm running in my 17USG nano and I've had no problems with deadspots and tucked in behind the rockpile so it's not so noticable. The link you gave looks good but being new out I'd be a little concerned with reliabilty. Just my 2p's worth. ;)

I dont' know much about this PH, but, a single 400 GPH would give you 20X turnover which should be fine if you are planning a reef. SH

cheers guys i will probably give one a try and let you know how i get on with it.

Would i be ok with one alone or two of them?

I was thinking 1 x powerhead and 1 x ext filter (chemical, rowaphos etc) outlet for circulation but im a little worried about the nitrate trap reports i've read about running externals?

Lee

One will be fine m8. Even with the external it should be fine, what your running well tbh they can be with build up of detrius but also long u syphon it out once in a while it be fine. If anything most people put extra LR in there to create an extra area of biological filtration, this way you will never get nitrates from your external.

Excellent! cheers for the advice mate.

Thats another piece of kit added to my "to get" list.

Lee

Most reactions

Back