Hydor External Heater

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

so much hassle over a heater

i dont know how much you paid but i have been running the hydor 300 w externals for near 3 years never had any problems the 200w is 12-16mm hose the 300w 16-22mm hose

when i 1st got mine i paid £54 EACH for 300w 1 just got 2 x spares on ebay for £24 EACH INCLUDING P+P

you cant beat ebay for some prices just make sure you check the feeback

i have used livingseas many times they are a great shop

Well, if you are accepting the refund, I'd reply to them to confirm that it is OK with you. If not, ask them to send a third :S

I would cut and run... (if you DO get a refund), write back to them giving them a time scale, say 5 working days... after which time, "If I havnt recieved payment IN FULL, I shall be placing the matter into the hands of trading standards and my solicitor... which will incur hefty costs"

If they continue to take the pish, then start adding costs... £10 per letter, £5 per email and phone call - they will soon snap. :good:
Keep WRITTEN details of EVERY contact... and get names, show em you mean business ! lol

CAB are a well meaning bunch - but toothless, go for the neck everytime - thats what they do !

so much hassle over a heater

i dont know how much you paid but i have been running the hydor 300 w externals for near 3 years never had any problems the 200w is 12-16mm hose the 300w 16-22mm hose

when i 1st got mine i paid £54 EACH for 300w 1 just got 2 x spares on ebay for £24 EACH INCLUDING P+P

you cant beat ebay for some prices just make sure you check the feeback

i have used livingseas many times they are a great shop
i agree about using ebay ,i`v been looking for one of these heaters for ages on ebay with no luck,only found one shop on ebay selling them,unless i`m looking in the wrong place

i dont think you should give living seas a bad rep over this THEY ARE A GOOD SHOP

i have had things much more expencive than a heater sent to me and never had ANY problems

their are many things that could have gone wrong royal mail messed up the address on your card was diffrent to the delivery address

that said i have ALWAY called to place a order never over the net ITS GOOD TO TALK

i wasn`t giving living seas a bad name! i was saying first of all i couldn`t wait for my heater to arrive,then the disappointment of the first one going missing,now the second one also appears to have gone missing,i was just stating how fed up i was of waiting for the post for two weeks and now i`v got to wait for my money to be refunded before i can buy another,

After reading the last few posts on this thread, I can see how easy it would be for someone to confuse the negative feed-back about the jewelry company with feedback for The Living Seas.

I think we need to be careful here.

After reading the last few posts on this thread, I can see how easy it would be for someone to confuse the negative feed-back about the jewelry company with feedback for The Living Seas.

my first post was about the heater fitting my ex 1200,then i went on to say how excited i was about having one,and then how disappointed i am at waiting 2 weeks and it still not arriving, i dont think i have said anything bad about living seas,they have been in touch today and are giving me a refund,

my first post was about the heater fitting my ex 1200,then i went on to say how excited i was about having one,and then how disappointed i am at waiting 2 weeks and it still not arriving, i dont think i have said anything bad about living seas,they have been in touch today and are giving me a refund,

Exactly my point, you havn't said anything bad about them, and neither has anyone else, but a few posts above (post 21) there is talk about getting the Citizens Advice Bureau involved. This is not in relation to the Living Seas, but someone could get that impression, hence my post on this topic.

many thanks :good:
unfortunately i cant order one yet,i have received an email saying i will get a refund when the lady who does the refunds comes in,when i enquired when that would be,the reply was would be early next week at the latest,i`m trying to phone them but can`t get through at moment

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i`v actually managed to get through to living seas and speak to the lady who`s been sending the emails.i`v told her i cant wait till next week for the refund ,i need a heater for MY FISH!!!!,any she said a full refund will be paid back onto my card by the weekend,and then she went on to say they were expecting a delivery tomorrow afternoon ,did i want to wait and see if any heaters had come in. :crazy: i think i`ll try somewhere else

£29.99 + delivery, came to £34 something,
i thought it was a good buy,actually i think living seas are very good on there prices

I can sell you one for £25 ......................... and not send it :crazy:
yeah :rolleyes: see what you mean :crazy: strange that the post above mine off mcg is also having problems with the same company

Most reactions

Back