Hydor External Heater In A 350Litre Tank?

DiabloSandwich

Reaction score
Hi,
I am planning on getting a Rio 300 (the new 350 litre version)tank,and am wanting to use an external heater.
After a bit of research on here ,looked at the Hydor ETH300 ,but according to their website,its recommended for tanks up to 300 litres.

The Rio 300 tank comes with a 300w internal heater as standard.

Would one Hydor ETH300 be okay to use in a 350 litre Rio tank? Or is it not going to do the job on its own?

I'd prefer not to have a heater inside the tank if possible,just looks neater and easier to maintain .

Cheers

John.

IMO if your house is relatively warm, (i.e around/above room temperature (23C)) then the one filter should be fine,

My tank is 475L and at present I have just a 300W heater running with no problems,
(there is also a 200W heater in the tank but I won't be turning that back on until later in the year when it starts to get colder)

As above if your house is warm you should be ok.. I have two on a 750 lt tank and have no problems, infact I have turned them down as my tank is usually around 80 degs. :good:

I think one would be ok, but you will want one spare just in case..

Al do you have the interrnal in yours? Im debating about what to do with mine

I think one would be ok, but you will want one spare just in case..

Al do you have the interrnal in yours? Im debating about what to do with mine

yes mate i kept mine, after seeing how mucn bacteria that rio 300 box holds too many benifits for me IMO. If my external dies or intenral i have back up. I can wash one filter out per month and not worry about killing good bacteria. Adds to flow rate and im not bothered aout how it looks, I worked it out to be about 8L of space which i can live without thanks :good:

Ye i agree, atm i only have the internal as my stocking is ridiculousl light, still deciding on what to buy lol and only had the fish from my 180...

Im thinking of adding a small external, maybe with just a majority of floss to help but ill decide when i stock, what fish do you have?

Ye i agree, atm i only have the internal as my stocking is ridiculousl light, still deciding on what to buy lol and only had the fish from my 180...

Im thinking of adding a small external, maybe with just a majority of floss to help but ill decide when i stock, what fish do you have?

Do what i did and grab a APS external(cheap £45) fill 2 trays with bio and the last with polishing wool :)

12 Harlequin Rasbora
12 Congo Tetra
4 Bolivian Rams
4 Apistogramma Agassizi
10 Corydoras Sterbai

Yup APS has to be the way to go for that much flow for only £45..

Jealous of your sterbais, i love them, shame about the price tag in most shops where i live. Congos are cool, never noticed them in my LFS tho, do you have a log or anything going still lookibg for ideas...

Yeah they were £6 each but got them for £3.99 in the end... here my build log be due an update soon http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/360732-it-came-at-last/page__p__3005953__fromsearch__1#entry3005953

I was going to use a tetratec ex1200 and the external heater,works out at about 150 quid.

I also looked at the Eheim 2178 600t filter with 200w heater built in,but thats 425 quid.......

Thanks for the info though,

John.

Why not try all pond solutions if you are in the UK. They are very reasonable ex filters

Haha sorry seen you used 'quid'. Yeah deff check out APS , they have a 1400lph version for 59.99 with built in UV

Most reactions

Back