Hydor Externa Heater

chr15_8

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi

has anyone got the 200w version?

if so has anyone had any problems with it?

ive been looking at them and heard the 200w has had problems before.

ive found it for £26 if anyone wants the link just ask and ill find it for you.

thanks
chris

hi

has anyone got the 200w version?

if so has anyone had any problems with it?

ive been looking at them and heard the 200w has had problems before.

ive found it for £26 if anyone wants the link just ask and ill find it for you.

thanks
chris
hi ive had the 200 hydor they leek get the 300 the 300 is 16m ends not 12m just heat up the tube and it will go on great heaters

i have been running 2 x 300w on my tank for 3yrs now no problems

but i have had to replace 2 x 200w on my freinds tank

get the 300w

I've been running a 200w version for 4 months with no problem for what its worth. The temperature has been rock solid and it can bring cold water up to temp really fast.

is the 300 not abit to big for a 100l tank.

what sort of size is the 300/200? lxw etc.

thanks for the comments

The 300W is just over 30cm long and is about as thick as my lower arm, so fairly bulky, but they seen to be more efficient in the very short time that I have owned one :nod:

Yes a 300W is a little overkill, but as with T1KARMANN, I have heard that the 200W modles can be problematic, so for once I'll agree with him on an equipment question :shifty:

All the best
Rabbut

thanks sorry for taking a while to respond been really busy.

so would you go for the 300w on a 100liter tank then ?

Well, I'm hoping any problems with 200w were just earlier versions or individual situations. Mine seems perfect. ~~wd~~

There are two models of the 200W for different diameter pipes. I think, but need to check, that it is the norrowest one that is having issues. The 22mm diameter 200W model is likely fine, the 16mm 200W version is problematic. I'd wait for someone else to confirm this as I am not 100% certain which way around it is. I'm also not 100% on the pipe diameters, those numbers don't look right... :unsure:

HTH
Rabbut

Most reactions

Back