Html/ Xml Coding

afireinside

A Shrine To Madness
Reaction score
Hey, if you have any HTML/ XML coding tips/ tricks here, post them! I only have simple ones, so this is benifting me to, untill next year when I take those classes.

Basics
Ok, so this is what will happen:
<b>text</b> will turn into text
<u>text</u> will turn into text
<i>text</i> will turn into text
<s>text</s> will turn into text

Well, I'll post more of my begginer (lol, I suck at HTML, though it's fun) knowlage later.

Everything you see on a webpage is html :p With the possible exception of Javascript, but considering they run in a HTML environment it still counts.

The trick to making webpages is tables! Get your tables sorted out nicely, get your graphics cut out to fit them nicely and hey presto - instant website :D

Or you could be lazy and use some templates and just mdoify the themes of course... a colour tweak here and a font change there can go a long way!

Also, when it comes to classes Id advise not to wait for them. Making websites is fun and creative, and it will give you a potentially very valuable set of skills too. Theres hundreds of tutorials on the internet - google for one and give it a go :D

also, my personal favorite tag is <br> - linebreak :D <br /> for XHTML compliance of course ;)

handy site for those just starting out:
http://www.lissaexplains.com/

a quick tip, test all new sites in more than one browser!
i use mozilla 99.9% of the time, sites only designed for IE often look a little funky in mozilla or other browsers. there's a lot of IE only code out there, best avoided if you want a respectable site. (namely coloured scrollbars, some iframes, some custom cursors etc etc)

and here's another handy free download for anyone wanting to make little moving gifs for their sites too:
http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/
(you'll need to make the images in potatoshop or other graphics program first)

Everything you see on a webpage is html :p With the possible exception of Javascript, but considering they run in a HTML environment it still counts.

The trick to making webpages is tables! Get your tables sorted out nicely, get your graphics cut out to fit them nicely and hey presto - instant website :D

Or you could be lazy and use some templates and just mdoify the themes of course... a colour tweak here and a font change there can go a long way!

Also, when it comes to classes Id advise not to wait for them. Making websites is fun and creative, and it will give you a potentially very valuable set of skills too. Theres hundreds of tutorials on the internet - google for one and give it a go :D

also, my personal favorite tag is <br> - linebreak :D <br /> for XHTML compliance of course ;)

WRONG WRONG WRONG
Tables have been replaced in webdesign by <div>. Learn CSS peeps. The problem with websites IS tables, it makes everything standard looking, Divs can be placed anywhere, anyhow you want, one ontop od eachother anything. Divs and iframes are the way to build sites these days. (pssst i still use tables)

Most reactions

Back