Howdy, Its Been A While

missyintx_99

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I figured since its been ages since I posted here that I would start off by showing off my new baby. I think he's gorgeous, all 2" of him! His name is Ulysses
NewOscar.jpg

NewBabyOscar.jpg

HippiesNewBaby.jpg

And just for the record, yes, I know how big O's get. I also have a 14-15" Lutino right now. And many other cichlids.
Here's a pic of her, I call her Baby. Shown with my Green Severum Cuelo. He's a good 8" now and I've had him going on 4 years now.
BabyCueloandGT.jpg

And this is Hercules with Ivan the Terrible. Hercules, the JD is a good 9" now and I've had him close to 4 years and Ivan is a Red Devil, had him about 1.5 years and he's a good 5.5-6"
HerculesandRD.jpg

I also have some gold saums that I've raised from spawns I had back when I was breeding them. Also have an excichlasoma ufermanni that is as big as Baby but maybe a little thicker through the body than she is. And we have a baby Jag and a small female JD that is most definately hooking up with Hercules. That pretty much covers the cichlids. I'll post up pics of the others if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Currently I have 3 55g's, 3- 30g. 1- 35g hex, 1 20g long, 6 1g betta tanks and a 2.5g hex for another betta. I've been keeping fish for about 4 years now and have had various ones along the way. Depending on how much tax refund we get this year, I'm hoping to get a 180, if I can find one I don't have to ship across country to get.

Here's a pic of our Jag when we first got him
BabyJag2.jpg

Don Pedro, our biggest Gold saum flaring at my husband
DonPedroFlaringAtJagluver5.jpg

Another of Don Pedro
DonPedro2.jpg

And a couple of my ufermanni. She's much bigger now since these pics were taken. She hides so much its hard to get a pic of her.
smVeijaUfermanni.jpg

vUfermanni.jpg

VeijaUfermanni.jpg

Oh Ulysses is super cute!! Congrats on you new baby. :)

Is he a baby tiger oscar that doesn’t have his red yet, or a wild type?

Oh Ulysses is super cute!! Congrats on you new baby. :)

Is he a baby tiger oscar that doesn’t have his red yet, or a wild type?
He's black with gold stripes. Now, whether these will change as he gets bigger or not, I have no idea. He's my first Tiger O. I've had a red in the past and currently have the Lutino pictured above. I'm really hoping they'll stay the shiney gold that they are now!

the uffermanni ? looks very Vieja like... i thought it was maybe related to synspilum ?

the uffermanni ? looks very Vieja like... i thought it was maybe related to synspilum ?
They were previously classified as Veija but changed that classification around a year or so ago. Several of the species in the Veija genus were changed to excichlasoma.

Most reactions

Back