How To Upload Pictures

Here is spike my new blood parrot

Attachments

• spike.jpg
    spike.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 80
Can someone please tell me where exactly the browse button is for uploading pics?

Thanks.

Wow... this is crazy.

NEVER save pictures as bmp format. It is POINTLESS. Why? .png images have the same level of quality but the file size is approx 1/10th, usually even smaller. .bmp files are HUGE!!!

.bmp is the default image format for the windows OS gui. That's really all they're used for. PLEASE don't save ANYTHING as bmp. It's a waste of space. If you want to maintain high quality, lossless pictures, save as .png.

If you want to post on the web, please save as .jpg, as they are a better format for photographs to reduce file sizes. Photos can often be 1/10th the size in jpg as they are in png, though it's more common that it's half the size or so.

Bottom line:

save photos on your computer as .png so that you have a high quality picture to work from.
save photos for the web as .jpg to minimize file size. The quality will be lower than the .png, but it's fine.

Wow... this is crazy.

NEVER save pictures as bmp format. It is POINTLESS. Why? .png images have the same level of quality but the file size is approx 1/10th, usually even smaller. .bmp files are HUGE!!!

.bmp is the default image format for the windows OS gui. That's really all they're used for. PLEASE don't save ANYTHING as bmp. It's a waste of space. If you want to maintain high quality, lossless pictures, save as .png.

If you want to post on the web, please save as .jpg, as they are a better format for photographs to reduce file sizes. Photos can often be 1/10th the size in jpg as they are in png, though it's more common that it's half the size or so.

Bottom line:

save photos on your computer as .png so that you have a high quality picture to work from.
save photos for the web as .jpg to minimize file size. The quality will be lower than the .png, but it's fine.

keep an eye on the file size, to post more than one picture just click the add this attachment button just to the left of the brows button, you can also just put the next pic in by replying to your own post (im not sure about the rules on consecutive posting here so check first.

as for making your pics ok for the forum, i use photoshop (i know its expensive, but cmon we all heard of P to P programs aint we)

open your digital pic, no my cam is a 6 mega job, i shrink the image size to about 1mb, click image go to image size and, with the preportions locked reduce the size till its 1mb. ok now go to file and click save for web play with the settings till its about 50kb then save, and post. please remember not to save the changes to your original file.

and this is the result, cosidering the file size a nice quality pic

Attachments

• Untitled_1.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 95
1) Using an Image Editing program in your personal computer (such as Paint Shop Pro, Aldus Photo Styler, Adobe Photo Shop, Corel Photo Paint, MS Photo Editor...) create your .jpg image (for example mytank.jpg). It should be less than 600 pixels wide in order to be viewed entirely on the screen by most internet users. Wider images require people to scroll sideways on their browsers which is annoying. Also, the image file should ideally be less than 50 kBytes in size in order to have reasonable loading time. DO NOT blindly upload and post the default high-resolution images created by your digicam or scanner, they will almost certainly violate both the conditions above. You need to edit them before they can be of reasonable size for webpages.

Click browse and find the file you want to upload then select "open" and the location of it will be entered into the box, then just click "Post New Topic"
How do you cut down on the pixels but still keeping the the photo centered?? HELP

just did it work ?

Attachments

• fwf_piranha_20pygo_20Red_20Belly_202in_sm.jpeg
    fwf_piranha_20pygo_20Red_20Belly_202in_sm.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 81
SORRY about that early post. :-( Trying again :D

Attachments

• DSC000621.JPG
    DSC000621.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 85
did i do it?

Yes.. heheheh

But it looks like you reduced the size of the image itself, but kept it on a big white canvas... ie. a big image with your smaller image as part of it.. did you mean to do that? ;)

right i need serious help how do u upload pics this is wreckin my head and i dont know how to resize my pics :crazy: :/ and i havent got pain shop pro. i need help please thanks :-( :-( :-(

Most reactions

Back