How to treat and identify the top 3 most common aquarium fish diseases

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lazarusthefishboy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey, guys! Today just wanted to share with you how to treat and identify the top 3 most common fish diseases; pop eye, bloat/dropsy, injuries. Enjoy and I would love to know what your thoughts are on the video! Thank you!

Be careful handling sick fish, if they have swollen eyes or dropsy and you lift them out of the water, you can damage them.

Damaged fins and swollen eyes are best treated with big daily water changes & gravel cleaning the substrate, and salt (sodium chloride). The water changes and gravel cleaning improves tank conditions and salt helps heal minor wounds and kills some bacterial and fungal infections.

Wiping the inside of the glass down and cleaning the filter also helps by removing gunk (biofilm on the glass and fish poop in the filter) that encourages harmful microscopic organisms.

-------------
Overall a pretty good video. I hope all those bloated sick fish weren't yours :)

Be careful handling sick fish, if they have swollen eyes or dropsy and you lift them out of the water, you can damage them.

Damaged fins and swollen eyes are best treated with big daily water changes & gravel cleaning the substrate, and salt (sodium chloride). The water changes and gravel cleaning improves tank conditions and salt helps heal minor wounds and kills some bacterial and fungal infections.

Wiping the inside of the glass down and cleaning the filter also helps by removing gunk (biofilm on the glass and fish poop in the filter) that encourages harmful microscopic organisms.

-------------
Overall a pretty good video. I hope all those bloated sick fish weren't yours :)
Don't worry! They were just off the internet. The only disease any of my fish has had lately was pop eye. But it is long gone, sadly... :(
But thank you for watching! :)

Your videos are getting better each time you do one. I expect to see documentaries (not just little YouTube clips) from you in 10 years time. :)

Looks good, but I would say that ich is more common than popeye. Either way good job:)

Most reactions

Back