How to tell who is killing my guppies

It is obviously the betta that is killing the guppies.

No matter what people tell you, bettas aren’t community fish and shouldn’t be kept as such.

Especially with guppies. Some bettas can be kept as community fish and it works with some people. Most of the time, it ends in disaster.

Guppies (Male) tales are very colorful and long. This reminds bettas of other bettas. This makes them get aggressive and start attacking the guppies. Once the betta realizes that this is a new food source, he will hunt all of them down on his own good time.

I suggest leaving the remaining guppies in their tank and getting a new 5g-10g tank for the betta.

It is obviously the betta that is killing the guppies.

No matter what people tell you, bettas aren’t community fish and shouldn’t be kept as such.

Especially with guppies. Some bettas can be kept as community fish and it works with some people. Most of the time, it ends in disaster.

Guppies (Male) tales are very colorful and long. This reminds bettas of other bettas. This makes them get aggressive and start attacking the guppies. Once the betta realizes that this is a new food source, he will hunt all of them down on his own good time.

I suggest leaving the remaining guppies in their tank and getting a new 5g-10g tank for the betta.
That is exactly the shorter version of mine lol.

You shouldn’t kept betta with other fish, betta are aggressive even with their own kind, betta might kill your fishes at night. So please remove the betta as everyone said, you will get happier fishes.
Yeah! I am sure about this. I had the same issue. I had several guppies in my tank and my Betta got along with them really well. But every day I observed my guppies were dying. One day I snuck up on my tank at night and saw my Betta in action hunting a specific guppy I was already late and that poor guppy died in front of my eyes.

Most reactions

Back