How to Stop Planaria in my newly established Shrimp biotape Nano Paludariam tank

Samsonpaul

Reaction score
How to Stop Planaria in my newly established Shrimp biotape Nano Paludariam tank

Praziquantel works on Planaria. It is sold as a tapeworm treatment for dogs and cats but can also be used on fish. I think the dose rate is 20mg per 20 litres of water but you will need to check the instructions on the packaging.

Hello Sam. Tank problems are caused by two things: Feeding too much and not changing enough water and not often enough. Keeping a tank is very simple. You set up an effective water change routine and feeding schedule and you don't mess with it. Getting creative can generally cause problems. So here's the scoop. If you're not changing at least half the tank water every few days, then slowly work up to it. Feed just a bit every every other day. Feed a variety. I change half the water or a bit more at last once a week and feed only what the fish will eat in a couple of minutes. Smaller tanks need the water changed even more often. I still have fish that die. But, mainly it's from old age.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Praziquantel works on Planaria. It is sold as a tapeworm treatment for dogs and cats but can also be used on fish. I think the dose rate is 20mg per 20 litres of water but you will need to check the instructions on the packaging.

Most reactions

Back