How to replace filter pad with sponge?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Charlotte2001

Reaction score
Hi, I've currently got 105l that has just done cycling, I'm wanting to replace the pads with sponges as I know the pads aren't great. I have the tetra easy crystal 600 filter. I was just wondering how I would replace with sponge without ruining my cycle?

Get some filter sponge for another brand of filter (I use Aquaclear filter sponges but there are other brands). Cut the sponge to fit in your filter. Put the sponge in the filter with the filter pad. Leave them both together for 2 months and then throw the pad away. Add more sponge after that if there is room.

Filter sponges can be squeezed out in a bucket of tank water and re-used. The bucket of dirty water gets poured on the garden/ lawn.

Get some filter sponge for another brand of filter (I use Aquaclear filter sponges but there are other brands). Cut the sponge to fit in your filter. Put the sponge in the filter with the filter pad. Leave them both together for 2 months and then throw the pad away. Add more sponge after that if there is room.

Filter sponges can be squeezed out in a bucket of tank water and re-used. The bucket of dirty water gets poured on the garden/ lawn.
Problem is there's hardly any room in the filter as the filter pad is quite thick

Attachments

• 20200422_190911.jpg
    20200422_190911.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83

Most reactions

Back