How To Move A Tank

dannym

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all

Im after some help please

I have a 190L Juwel trigon and want to move it from one side of my living room to the other, what would be the best way of doing this?...

The tank is bloody heavy even when 1/4 full

And its the only tank i have, i desperatly need the tank moved asap

Thanks

Danny.

Its on a stand heres a pic

DSCN0249.jpg

i would make a clear path to where you want it to go. take about 25percent of the water out and slowly shimmy it accross the room.

Anytime you move a tank other than empty you risk putting stresses on it that it wasn't designed for. If the benefits outway the risks, move it with substrate, fish and water, partially drained. The risks are leaking seams, cracked frames, or sides blowing out once full. I can show you pictures of a 72 gallon with a cracked frame due to being moved with substrate, an inch of water, and fish. I have moved bare bottom 10's & 20's around my fishroom with an inch of water & fish, but I have spare tanks & a floor drain.

You can move that tank with 3 large buckets. One for the fish, one for the substrate and decorations, and one for the filter media. The one for the media can be smaller, one gallon is fine, you will need a couple of 5 gallon buckets for the fish and substrate/decos. Once empty you can move the tank & stand together, or separately.

I moved my 40G the other day. I moved the fish in the hospital tank and then drained all the water in the big water jugs that you buy at the store. I had about 20 of them at the shop. I rinsed all of them first and then filled them one at a time. The tank has glass that is very thick and is very heavy to move. once the tank was in it's new home I just poured the water back in it and it was all done. I didn't have any problems with the fish. I left the tank alone overnight to let it settle.

The biggest tank that I moved without taking the water out was a 20G and we dragged it over the carpet with a blanket....but you have to get the blanket under the stand.

If you leave any water in the tank and try to lift it, it will have a chance to flex and break it's seal or possibly break the glass.

Most reactions

Back