How To I Grow Water Lettuce

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
i have some in the tank but alt has died off due to me having the temp too high i think ( was at 80, now 75) i have just bought a lot more off ebay but i would like to know how it grows/spreads. do i need to plant it in soil, or will it multiply itself in the tank, this hasnt happend so far, and dont worry its not covering the top of the tank, its just in a small corner where the filter outlet blows it,i would just like enough to put into the other tanks, without having to buy more
all help, much appreciated
shelagh xxx

Hey :D

when i had it, i just floated i at the top of the tank and after a few weeks it started to grow little babies off the sides. :good:

Mine is at 28*C, with 22w lighting, just floating at the surface (this is how it normally grows, don't plant it in substrate), and it grows like wild-fire!

Mine is at 28*C, with 22w lighting, just floating at the surface (this is how it normally grows, don't plant it in substrate), and it grows like wild-fire!

Doesn't it just?. I bought some from Andy at Greenline and I was having to throw around 50% of it away every water change (every ten days). Wouldn't be without it, though.

I dont see how you cant grow it! An even easier option would be duckweed if you are prepared for rapid growth!!!!

Doesn't it just?. I bought some from Andy at Greenline and I was having to throw around 50% of it away every water change (every ten days). Wouldn't be without it, though.

yeah same here, or the weak bits get sucked into the filter, tank was looking great,but now its got about 6 plants left out of about 25, i just hope i have more luck with this new batch ( isnt the plants that are bad is my keeping them!!) i even tried some nutrafin plant gro and nothing, anyway heres hoping
shelagh xx

yes i know its a floating plant, i just wondered if it would breed (so to speak) if i put it in peat rather than relying on it to do the multiplying in the tank.. but thats the answer i was looking for i think, cheers

Most reactions

Back