How To Get Gunk From Siphoned Water Out ?

alien-planet

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Right i have a dilemma today i started to siphon my fish tank today for 1st time with a brand new pump (manual) and it works great but the problem i have today is once i siphoned the gravel free from all dirt / gunk how do i get the gunk out the water i just siphoned which is now in the bucket of water i just took from the tank ? As i plan on reusing that water.

Reusing it for what? If it's for garden purposes then the gunk won't matter. If you're planning to drink it then don't.
laugh.png

If you mean you plan on reusing the water for the fish tank, then there is no point in taking it out in the first place.

I use mine for my fruit trees and they are thriving!!

If you mean you plan on reusing the water for the fish tank, then there is no point in taking it out in the first place.

Sorry but it just made me laugh.
laugh.png

Don't add it back to the tank.
If it's for the garden you don't meed to move the mess.

WILDER said:

Sorry but it just made me laugh.
laugh.png

Don't add it back to the tank.
If it's for the garden you don't meed to move the mess.

Well it does sort of sound like that's what he means in my eyes :p

It just made me laugh not in an awful way so don't be offended. We needs some light humour on the board at times.

Usually it's taken that removed water is poured away and replaced with fresh treated water, if for what ever reason you need to reuse the water removed only things I can suggest is to pour it through some type of jug water filter or leave it for the larger particulates to settle at the bottom of the bucket over night then scoop water out from the top, hope this is actually useful :)

Thanks guys n girls for feed back i just realised i put gunk which i ment junk sorry lol.

GUNK - JUNK sorry.

Treat it as a partial water change and just add new water, won't hurt.

If you're using it in the garden those bits will make it even more fertile! :)

Partial water changes followed by adding fresh tap water  reduce nitrates which can build up in your tank.   If you just add cleaned tank water the nitrates are still in it and will continue to build up--possibly to dangerous levels. 

I plan on building an homemade tank filter i already started to look online how to do it and im in process doing it. Also building a homemade air filter using PVC plastic tubing. I built my tank from scratch it holds 96 litres (uk) but i only fill it to 84 litres (UK) to be safe.

currently i only hold goldfish 4 in total but i plan on replacing them with piranha red belly .

alien-planet said:
I plan on building an homemade tank filter i already started to look online how to do it and im in process doing it. Also building a homemade air filter using PVC plastic tubing. I built my tank from scratch it holds 96 litres (uk) but i only fill it to 84 litres (UK) to be safe.

currently i only hold goldfish 4 in total but i plan on replacing them with piranha red belly .

First off, 4 goldfish in a tank of that size is wholly unsuitable in what is basically a 90 litre / 24 Gal tank.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/417799-goldfish-for-beginners/

As for plans for Red Belly Piranhas, absolutely no way can a group of them be in a 90 litre / 24 gal tank, 
They'll need at least a 1,200 litre tank or 340 gal + according to SF.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/pygocentrus-nattereri/

Please reconsider your choices for that 90 litre tank for the sake of these species.

Please don't do that, get some smaller fish for that setup. Red Belly Piranhas and Goldfish are not at all suited to a 90L

Most reactions

Back