How to do water changes WITH fry in the tank and refill

You don't need to use a part of the active filter, just go find or buy a narrow piece of rigid pipework from a hardware store and attach a hose to one end and wrap some sponge onto the other end held on by an elastic band so that you can take the sponge off for cleaning periodically.
I think I may do what one member suggested and attach a filter media mesh bag to the end of the siphon

At this point it's just plumbing Rocky. Anything that fits together will work. A stiff pipe on the end gives you better control :)

I think I may do what one member suggested and attach a filter media mesh bag to the end of the siphon
Or steal a pair of your mother's unusued tights, cut the feet off, stretch them over the end of the siphon tightly and then use an elastic band to hold them in place.

You need to learn some basic DIY skills and kickstart your creativity ;)

Or steal a pair of your mother's unusued tights, cut the feet off, stretch them over the end of the siphon tightly and then use an elastic band to hold them in place.

You need to learn some basic DIY skills and kickstart your creativity ;)
I think my mom did say I could use those but I'm not sure about the chemicals in them and stuff

So I found this thing in our garage to use to decrease flow... Its one of those water balloon fillers that fill multiple at a time. I gave it a rinse in vinegar water yesterday and tried to attach a plastic water bottle with holes in it... I tried using super glue... Didnt hold. Then used an aquarium sealant but it still didnt hold right... So I just used the water balloon filler itself. Here is a photo:
0430221239.jpg

Most reactions

Back