how to clean rocks?

Discomafia

mmm...
Reaction score
I have this rock that I found in the beach a few years ago and I want to put it in my aquarium. What would be the best way to clean it?

Thanks,

it would be best to put this question in the tropical chit chat section.
But when i got my rocks from the beach i boiled them.
That got all the salt out.
Boil them

Thanks man. I just followed your advice. Also, can I move my threads, or can only mods do that?

Cheers,

Only the mods can move the threads around.

Welcome to the forums Discomafia

:hi: to the forum.

Why don't you formally introduce yourself here. :D

Boiling the rocks is a good way to kill bacteria and parasites. :nod:

Join our school.
:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Well, this is my first time owning an aquarium by myself, and I was looking around the net for some info on tropical fishs when I came across this site. Not too hard because it's the first thing that appears when you type "tropical fish forums" on google :D Still figuring out how this forums work and just reading the back pages looking for any info.

Anyways, I'm slowly learning and reading, and I appreciate all the help you guys have given me. So yea, thanks for the welcome you all, hope to be here for a long time to come... :p

And btw. what is the recommended max no. of wattage per gallon of water? I think you need something like 2 for healthy plant growth, but can someone confirm the max. no of wattage per gallon?

Cheers,

Hiya discomafia - I moved your thread here - should get more traffic :D

www :)

Just becareful boiling rocks as they might have gas pockets, which can expand more than the rock and explode. It doesn't happen too often but when it does it can be dangerous.

:hi:

YOUR eyes and grey matter will go into over drive in this forum with all the questions and answers ......................and also the good people who try and help

Most reactions

Back