How To Catch....

PlecMama

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hatchets
Put a net in, and wait. Wait some more. Get within 2 inches of one and watch it flick three inches out of the water and escape at warp speed :X .
Wait some more. Wait a bit more, have your three year old pretend to cut your hair with his fingers, get cross with said three year old, watch hatchets school at the other end of the tank watching you with their beady eyes. Give up, try to catch danios instead.

Danios
As above except never get within 2 inches of one. These suckers are smart. -_-

Platties
Put some flake food in the net to try and attract danios and hatchets, watch your net fill up with platties, shoo them all out and lay in wait for those bloomin hatchets and danios. Try to get your coffee which is about three inches out of your reach. Turn back to the tank and see that the net is full of platties again, shoo them all out and wait.

After thirty five minutes of plattie herding, give up on danios and hatchets, they're not that great anyway. Take the platties upstairs and put them in your tank instead.

Platties are seriously underrated. :wub:

Haha. I hate trying to catch danios. I was trying to get mine to put them into another tank, but of course that didnt work. I love platys though!lol :D

:lol: never tried to catch hatchets but i can imagin what its like, but as for danios, there right smart buggers :shifty: , and rearly get me angry after about 5 minutes , i dont know how you can stand there for over half an hour.

Your problem is that you're only using one 1 net. Get a big net and put it in. Herd the fish into the big net with a little net. 60 second job.

Hmmm...apparently the danios I used to have were a bit slow. They used to swim into the net when I wasn't trying to catch them :lol:

I'd use 2 big nets like already stated & suprisingly go slow & draw them to the top.

My hardest fish to catch is the yo-yo/pakistan loach. The little monsters keep burrowing in the sand.

I used to have trouble with the silver sharks because of their top dorsal fin getting caught in the net. I use a tougher plastic coated net now to stop this.

My hardest fish to catch is the yo-yo/pakistan loach. The little monsters keep burrowing in the sand.
yes the yoyo loach is a buger to catch i got to get one out of a 75gal but i just carnt. i will use 2 nets 2morow see if i can catch him

-chuckles-
Boy do I know the danio thing. I have 3 of them, and even if I had to get rid of them I wouldn't even try. They're in a 33 gallon planted tank. No way! :lol:

Hmmm...apparently the danios I used to have were a bit slow. They used to swim into the net when I wasn't trying to catch them :lol:

Ah, but that's exactly it! When you're not *trying* to catch them they will do this, yes. But when you actually have to catch them they honestly refuse to go near the flippin' net!
My danios are the exact same. When you try and catch corydoras or any other fish they'll be all over the net or cup, but when you need to catch them they'll swim away and hide in all the places you can't get them!

Sounds like you had a fun day Suzie :p

i used to have a shoal of danios it took me an hour to get them all out with 2 nets and i kept knoking over all the stuff in the tank :(

Most reactions

Back