How To Automatically Switch Power Back On.

KoiRich

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a device to automatically switch the mains power back on after say 10 minutes. I often switch off the power to feed the fish and then forget to switch it all back on. :hyper: I know how to use a soldering iron if necessary but would rather buy a commercial, ready built, product. I'm sure my fish would thank you for any help.

Go to your local hardware store and pickup a timer for houselights. Set it for a 15 minute interval to be off. When you want to feed the fish, spin the dial to the interval for it to shutoff, feed the fish, and then eventually it'll turn back on :D

Go to your local hardware store and pickup a timer for houselights. Set it for a 15 minute interval to be off. When you want to feed the fish, spin the dial to the interval for it to shutoff, feed the fish, and then eventually it'll turn back on :D
Nice idea, I use a digital display type for my lights but I assume you mean the clicky mechanical ones. I'll give it a go. Cheers... and thanks from the fish :good:
Um....how can you forget to turn the power back on???
Age .... it creeps up on you !!!

So why don't you just leave the power on when feeding? i don't turn the power of when I feed my charges, and they get fed....they're getting fat if you ask me! :lol:

So why don't you just leave the power on when feeding? i don't turn the power of when I feed my charges, and they get fed....they're getting fat if you ask me! :lol:

If I leave the power on most of the food simply gets dragged into the filter chamber of my nano-tank set up. I have to stop the circulation through the grill so the fish have a chance of eating it first.

If I leave the power on most of the food simply gets dragged into the filter chamber of my nano-tank set up. I have to stop the circulation through the grill so the fish have a chance of eating it first.

I do the very same thing with my filters, and make the very same mistake as you now and then. SkiFletch's idea seems pretty foolproof thouhg, think I'll give it a go myself!

I do the very same thing with my filters, and make the very same mistake as you now and then. SkiFletch's idea seems pretty foolproof thouhg, think I'll give it a go myself!

Aren't forums wonderful things, two birds with one stone i.e two happy people from one thread. Thank you SkiFletch

Most reactions

Back