How Quickly Do Silver Arowanas Grow?

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I'm bored in work and looking at pics on here plus a lad Iknow has just bought an 8 inch one to put in a 4ft tank!!!

how quickly will 8 inches get to 24 inch plus?

i've heard of them going from a few inch's to 18 inch's in a matter of 6-8 months so i'd hazzard a guess at around 12 months, like you know though it would largely be affected by its diet etc.
you thinking of getting one?
they max at around 3 foot i think, i'm planning an asian arowana, they max smaller at about 26-30 inch, plus they are more colourful.
are you planning on etting a bigger tank in a few months or something??

Provided the tank gets regular water changes and the aro gets a decent diet, from what i've seen with the aros at work, the aro potentially could get from 6" to 18" within 3-4 months,

The last silver arowana we had in store went from 6" to around 26/27" in the 7 month period it was in store

no not thinking of getting one, woud love one though was just wondering cos of the lad I know who has one

beautiful fish

I bought mine at little over 3" and one year later is around 14-15". I guess not as fast as other owners are reporting, but still I think this is one of the fastest growing fish I've seen, if not the fastest. It did suffer from severe fin rot when I got it though...

Sold a diddly 15cm silver aro in december last year to a 4ft tank, was back by march at more like 35cm!

Most reactions

Back