How Often Do You Fear Your Tanks Breaking/leaking?

Triplets LOL... i bet the tank isn't the only think you worry about breaking ...

Like my will to live? My nerves? My spirit? Mind you, one of them did break my nose once... :lol:

I love 'em really. They turned 4 yesterday (20th). Gone so quickly (and no drawing on the curtains yet - although the two boys do shred their bedroom carpet through the night)...

Now that you mention it... never! I only have a 29 and a 10 though. I'd love to get a big huge tank, but since my room is on the 2nd floor and my parents don't want one on the 1st floor since I make a big mess around mine, I wouldn't be able to without it breaking my ceiling. What a mess that would be...!!!

never worried about it until it happened to me!!

if your concerned read this thread i made a while ago, i've listed all the stuff i had around the house that was helpful and what i did to save all the fishies.

don't just worry, be prepared!!

I've only had my tank 3 months and yes, I'm paranoid! Luckily we've got wooden floors but it's a coffee table tank and right next to the telly/DVD/video etc so hubby would go mental if all that flooded!!

The glass does move on the tank if I push it, but as it's always done on all sides I'm getting less concerned about it ;-)

Seriously though, how long should you keep a tank before looking at re-doing the silicon joins etc; also, how long a lifespan does the glass have or should it never age to the point where it's more likely to crack?

if your concerned read this thread i made a while ago, i've listed all the stuff i had around the house that was helpful and what i did to save all the fishies.

:hyper: wow i read that thread all the way through, never seen it before. Gosh youre strong! how's your back??? :crazy: I couldn't even lift a quarter filled 10g by myself, had to completely empty it to move it.

:hyper: wow i read that thread all the way through, never seen it before. Gosh youre strong! how's your back??? :crazy: I couldn't even lift a quarter filled 10g by myself, had to completely empty it to move it.

my back's buggered at the moment actually :/

just waiting for the nhs to get they're act into gear and send me for an mri scan :rolleyes:

oh dear, well good luck with that. My mums got a very bad back/neck at the moment too, she has a trapped nerve and its been agony over the past couple of weeks, she's had acupuncture too but it hasnt done much :/

oh dear, well good luck with that. My mums got a very bad back/neck at the moment too, she has a trapped nerve and its been agony over the past couple of weeks, she's had acupuncture too but it hasnt done much :/

acupuncture is great for me for pain relief, but it only lasts about 6 weeks and then i need it again. and at 150 quid a time i can't afford it all the time.

I dread the day one of my tanks leak. I'm getting a structural engineer to come in and see if my floor upstairs is strong enough for my 105 (which is currently in the basement), but if that thing were to leak upstairs it wouldn't be pretty.

acupuncture is great for me for pain relief, but it only lasts about 6 weeks and then i need it again. and at 150 quid a time i can't afford it all the time.

If you get referred to a pain management team, or physiotherapist, they can usually arrange accupuncture for free. Depending on whether it's covered in your area. I had accupuncture for pain relief for several months, didn't do a thing for me but it was very relaxing. Obviously not as relaxing as tramadol (well, before my body got used to it - start oxycontin tonight and I'm scared!)... :lol:

I've had every painkiller under the sun, physio, hydrotherapy (worked the most but didnt do enough for them to consider continuing it), accupuncture, relaxation, steroid injections into my sacroilliac joints...list goes on. Only thing that'll fix me now is having all three joints in my pelvis plated and pinned back together. To do that, I have to lose weight. To lose weight, I have to exercise which I erm...cant do because of the pain :S

I've noticed a lot of folks here have back/joint problems, makes a difference from me being the only one. Or am I the only one who whinges constantly...? :blush: :lol: I'll get my coat...

Most reactions

Back